What inspired your avatar?

A photo I took on a walk near my home. I like looking at clouds but rarely see any silhouettes in them. How surprised I was when I saw a dragon! Maybe it’s not so visible after resizing though.

24 Likes

Mine is just a picture of me on a day I was feeling pretty… :laughing:

10 Likes

It’s good to have days like that. :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

I love those cards! Great design :heart:

3 Likes

My avatar is of myself. Probably one of the only pictures on my phone of myself.

4 Likes

I’m a Bruce Springsteen fan, so I got this heart with a gituar and Bruce (I also got this as a tattoo on my left shoulder).

4 Likes

My avatar is…a stock photo of a pink noodle, of course. :sweat_smile: At the time I created my account, my little nephew’s favorite swimming pool toy was the pink noodle (or, “pink NOON-ul,” as he pronounced it at the time). :two_hearts:

13 Likes

Mine was a birthday present for my brother and I am just borrowing the picture without his knowledge :kissing: :notes: I also keep changing my avatar from time to time when I feel like it.

2 Likes

That could also be Pegasus the winged horse.

Thank you :frog: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

My avatar is myself. It was made 10 years ago nearly, after a good night session of skateboarding, listening to punkrock, summertime, well, good times. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My avatar is a scene from the song Bohemian Rhapsody.
I just love the song and the band queen.
To anyone who hasn’t heard it please listen to it. It is a amazing song

8 Likes

Mine shows my favorite K-Band ( South Korean Band), named DAY6

2 Likes

My avatar is a photo I took of beautiful Eilan Donan Castle in Scotland from my trip in 2014. It was so lovely that I still dream about it :european_castle:

14 Likes

The year

I must confess that until recently I only saw some random pinkness on it and only thought of noodles as food-noodle :joy::joy::joy:
I must add that, very coincidentally, I only heard “noodle” as a word for the swimming pool item for the first time a week or two ago, despite having lived in English-speaking countries for almost 15 years :joy: I have no idea what I would call that in my native language, I’m still impressed they have a name at all!:joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

It’s me, on a pole on the beach of Ameland, one of the Dutch islands. I love the islands and the beach

3 Likes

Now I want to know what “pool noodle” is in other languages. :joy: So far in my translation search, many languages just call it a “noodle” (as in the food), but I have also found these endearing entries on WordReference:

(FR) frite (:fries:) or frite en mousse
(ES) churro de natación or (ES-AR) flota flota
(PT) esparguete or chouriço
(RO) șarpe plutitor pentru înot (:snake:)
(KO) 아쿠아봉, which has…an interesting auto-generated translation in English. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:rofl:

I always called it chouriço de piscina (pool chorizo) or aquela coisa para flutuar (that thing to float) :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

“Pool chorizo” is what I’m calling it from now on. :joy: :heart:

5 Likes