What does your postbox look like?

Yeah would love to see those postboxes!

1 Like

Finnish mailboxes, the photo was taken in Turku in January 2018

22 Likes

What do the different colours mean?

1 Like

Usual Finnish mailboxes are orange, in some places I saw orange and blue together. I was told that blue ones were for first class mail (it’s funny, cause in Russia it’s the opposite: blue boxes are usual and in some places there are yellow for first class mail).
Maybe Finnish members can comment.

16 Likes

The typical portuguese mailbox:

But usually I never put my mail in there but rather in post offices mailboxes (just a slot outside it) because I don’t see any of those near where I live.

53 Likes

Oh my god love these post boxes!

2 Likes

Forgot about this UK postbox I took when I visited in 2017!

26 Likes

Yes, I think it was sometimes in 2011 they first time placed the blue postbox, reserved for 1st class mail. I think at that time it was tried to get the economy mail become more popular.
Blue box was for 1st class / Priority mail.
Orange for economy, but if there was no blue box next to it, you could leave your Priority mail to the orange box as well.

Nowadays I only see the orange boxes.
I think no more blue boxes are placed, and one blue box I saw was closed.

4 Likes

This sturdy one was in Ireland :green_heart:

45 Likes

Oh, if we can post them from anywhere we’ve been …

Here’s me mailing a bunch of postcards pre-dawn in Hungary.

27 Likes

Why pre-dawn?!!

3 Likes

I’ll take a picture of a Spanish postbox next time I go post some mail :wink:

2 Likes

Please do! <3

2 Likes

Just throwing this out here. Would you guys be ok for your pictures and comments of your postboxes to be posted on a blog - (of course, with due credit given)? Am toying with the idea of starting a blog on things postal-related that newbies and enthusiasts can dig into and relish. I’m going to start small, with this topic on postboxes around the world as the first post/topic. Suggestions welcome!

7 Likes

Haha, I had stayed up until 1 AM writing the last of my postcards on the last night we were there. Our flight left at 7 AM, and we were taking public transit to the airport. This was taken at 4:45 on a February morning!

11 Likes

Letterboxes at Aachen main station (Germany)

23 Likes

Letterbox in Eupen (Belgium)

20 Likes

Not “mine” but a special one I came across in Spain (Granada) last year. :lion::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

77 Likes

I love this! Love post offices! My home mailbox is very boring, but I take pictures of post offices wherever I go in the US, so here’s a favorite

32 Likes

This is not my local mailbox, but this type of mailbox is the most common one in Denmark.

(the wall of plants is actually a house in the town of Grenå)

I usually post my cards in a box just like it (but in a less picturesque location), or in a slot in the table of the “mail counter” at my local grocery store. There are very few (if any!) actual post offices left in Denmark, but many larger grocery stores provide some basic post office services.

54 Likes