What do you do with your postcards beside collecting?

Haha you made my day, I know exactly what you mean :rofl:

Luckily I don’t have that problem :smiley:

In my old room I used pins, twine and pegs to display some of my collection on my wall along with some photos, cards and prints:

I now keep them in a postcard album which I asked for Christmas a few years go - unfortunately it doesn’t fit the bigger postcards and I wish it had a better front cover (it’s just stock images, but I could redecorate with stickers or something) but definitely in the need of at least one other album!

10 Likes

well i sometimes take them out and look then put it back :grin: i just stack em up and thats kinda bad for storing but i dont know where to find a binder to put them :confused: people are not used to these things in my area…

1 Like

I have 2 of these displays as well. I switch in new cards (if they fit) and store the rest in boxes :blush:

6 Likes

Nice display!!

Check this out @Mali7002

1 Like

O yeah, I have that one also in another room.

I’m still deciding what to do with them since I am new here. The hanging displays are a good idea! For me the exchange of postcards is more about curiosity, feeling more connected to the world, stories, or beauty. People like postcards for many reasons with expectations stemming from their preferences: some want the right postmark, just so paper, a specific image, or like me, to feel a connection. It is disheartening when I hear about people who criticize based on their misplaced expectations. Postcrossing does not require or even suggest that aspects like handwriting, certain size or quality are present in a postcard. But just today I received my first ungracious response to a well-meaning postcard. This is supposed to be fun, right? I encourage people to relax their expectations or at the very least be polite. So, my new plan is to display the ones that leave me feeling good and discard the negativity. Wish me luck!

9 Likes

I hang my card on the walls in my house. Like it, I can enjoy seeing the pictures all the time which makes me really happy. :hugs: At some point, I consider getting a album for them, though.

I just bought a magnetic board and magnets to hang on the wall in my office at home. That way I can hang up the cards that I receive for a while and enjoy them while I’m working. Oldest is going to leave the board when I receive more. I’m looking forward to having it all in place!

Like many others, I use twine and those itty bitty clothespins to hang my cards. I do not feel good placing them in folders. I want the joy of seeing my cards all of the time :relieved: The clothespins are great because they keep the card from getting damaged. Here is a photo I took a while ago before adding a few rows. Its definitely a conversation piece and opens up the doors for me to gush about postcrossing :love_letter:

7 Likes

I published an academic paper about my collection and presented it at a conference where I gave postcards to all the attendees. I also give postcards to my students

11 Likes

Cool, but in English please? :blush:

Wow…cool. Is there a link to your published academic paper about your collection?

I just read your blog and saw some of the postcards. I had no idea that so many of these images were printed as postcards.

1 Like

Hey there :slight_smile:

I tried a new display recently (and finished it today): integrate some postcards into a hanging macrame!
On this one it’s only for 3 cards, but I can change them very easily (they are simply sliped in between side braids). I’m quite happy of the result!

IMG_20210816_123917|282x500

10 Likes

Sending and receiving postcards is a matter that makes me feel full of ceremony. I hope to make friends and cultures from all over the world

1 Like

Welcome @Pointti to the forum!

Wow, I love your macrame ‘frame’! Smart thinking for the design and easy to switch different sizes of postcards. * thinking whether there is a space left in the house to hang such item…*

1 Like

This is more specifically for holiday cards. But I will cut the decorated front of the into gift tags to attach to presents. Not only do I get to reuse them, but I also don’t have to buy gift tags to “dress up” the gifts.
https://printsbery.com/cards/thank-you

1 Like

Looks amazing!

I’m doing the same!

Smaller scraps I cut into circles (with a paper punch) to use as seals on envelopes.

1 Like