What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Speaking of tapes, maybe someone saw this shiny tape on AliExpress

I bought it to decorate my parcels with hand-made toys. But it was really bad: the tape kept tearing, no more than 1-2 cm intact. Then I realized it would be beautiful to cut it into tiny pieces. So I covered the box with these pieces which looked like a broken glass. It won’t take much space to decorate a postcard this way.:thinking:

7 Likes

Oh dear… Harry Potter cats :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hit me up if you need California :wink:

I had a little too much fun at Disney Springs in Orlando :sweat_smile: And I already have recipients in mind of most of these…

17 Likes

Amazing selection of postcards. How exciting to be able to visit Disney Springs!

1 Like

Picked up these Vintage Carousels stamps today at the post office

24 Likes

Upon recommendations of the Sakura Micro Perm pen under another thread (Best pens for writing on the back of shiny cards?), I decided to use these on my glossy-backed cards. They work so well! This wonderful forum also led me to fill up my shopping basket with more recommendations like the Flower Box and the Botanists Sticker Book. I don’t use Washi too much on my postcard, but I couldn’t resist the Taco tape!
… and of course I found more things for the sake of Postcrossing :smiling_face:

19 Likes

Oh, I don’t know what to do… :pleading_face: I used to buy stamps right before sending, but right now I can’t seem to stop:

And this is just what I bought at a post office today. There are much-much more bought online which I am yet to receive. How do you stop? They are so beautiful. And with bats and sea beings are what was released 6-5 years ago. :smile:

25 Likes

OMG those bats are so nice :scream: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just order and received some postcards from PaperAndPostcrossers :smiley:

22 Likes

Wow, so cute cards :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I found these on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0782SBNBR

3 Likes

This was my haul yesterday:

I should be set for a while.

8 Likes

That’s a really nice set, @caknuck! If I weren’t already well provisioned now, I’d snap those up too :wink:

1 Like

Today I found ~30 wonderful postcards at a local used bookstore. They include:

• gorgeous B&W portrait photos of Black Americans by James VanDerZee between 1924-37
  • candid colour photos of young Tokyoites dressed in Shinjuku chic
  • classical artwork of angels, most of it Preraphaelite
  • a handful of miscellaneous cards, including Castlerigg Stone Circle in Cumbria (I’ve been there!) and zoological artwork featuring giraffes :giraffe: :giraffe: :giraffe:

12 Likes

Loooove foodie cards!

1 Like

I love the black and white postcard of the woman reading! If you’re up for a trade, please let me know.

Off the topic - I found that the more beautiful the stamps, the more reluctant I was to use them, then I end up buying a lot more stamps than I need :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Same here :joy:

New stamps arrive today.

16 Likes

How very Califonia…makes me a bit homesick.:heart_eyes:

1 Like