What classes as a hand made card?

I’m one of those who doesn’t like selfmade/handmade cards. Mostly because of the low quality most selfmade/handmade postcards have. Don’t get me wrong, there are very artistic people out here who make great postcards but I’d rather not take the risk. Although to me it’s not a big deal if the image you print has a good quality (focus, not blurry etc) and is professionally printed. Especially if it fits the recipients wishes. Some I’ve even liked.
To me there is a difference between handmade and selfmade postcards btw.
Handmade = cards people create with their hands (painting, drawing, glueing things to cardboard)
Selfmade = cards printed with selftaken photographs

1 Like

Same for me. When I talk about handmades I mean crafted, unique cards.

1 Like

I think, handmade is made using hands, like painted, crafted, collaged etc.

Self made are the printed, copied, and the above.

Handmade is also selfmade (if it’s done by you), but selfmade is not necessarily handmade.

2 Likes

It’s totally absurd. But I don’t waste any of my time or creativity on people who 1. only want “real” postcards (you get what you get, there are some terrible “real” postcards out there, or 2. only want handmade/selfmade if you’re an artist or a photographer.

I am both but I won’t send my work to those people.

(If you want to say that you appreciate effort/heart/a significance to the person sending for cards you receive, I get that.)

6 Likes

To clarify, yes, “every idiot” is ment as “anyone”, as we say in Bavarian “jeder Depp”. Anyone can go into a shop and buy a card. But I disagree, not everyone can make a beautiful hand-made card. Not everyone is gifted in arts (drawing, painting) and handicraft (sewing, crocheting and so on). And for me, a beautiful and individual hand-made card is much more precious than a 50 Cent mass production card from a shop.

2 Likes

I think, one reason might be, that if someone likes the card, and uses their favourites as wishlist for cards they’d like to receive, only one person can send them the card that is printed from your photo, by you, and is not sold anywhere.

I love them alot! someone in the Netherlands sent one to me. Will somehow post it for others to see. gotta figure that out first

I craft some cards with different thought I don’t get cards at our place. But from other traders. But want to do something different and do something.

Hi I have had two cards printed by Canva.com and find them to be good, although the standard paper is rather thin so I’d recommend the better quality paper which is slightly dearer.

Regards Andi