What are your favorite medium(s) to use when creating your mail art/handmade cards?

Initial thought “ my kind of girl” thought it was brandy lol

So a fountain pen in ink ohhhhhh mylove that, would love a card from you someday

1 Like

Haha, I am not familiar with this category at all, but @Feuerstuhl has helped me.

2 Likes

Another option is a custom made stamp with your username. I got mine very cheaply from VistaPrint years ago. I also use my Cricut to make stickers with my username or RR names. I love my date stamp as well.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for all the shared stuff we should/ like/have on our list to get . You are a gem

I look and wonder how much creativity and what talented people are involved in a wonderful hobby like postcrossing. So many new ideas to inspire.
Your stitched postcards @Cassiopheia are very interesting and the knitted @taebbig ones are so cute.
I want to try something myself.

I decorate my postcards with collages, silicone stamps, sometimes drawings, I take material from newspapers, magazines, stickers, washi tapes, cuttings, pens. Not as pretty as the others, but I enjoy decorating, so it has its place.

9 Likes

The Great cards :+1: I like it

1 Like

I really like fountain pens and when calligraphy or lettering is written in ink.
Looks great and atmospheric.
I would like to exchange postcards with you someday. :relaxed::+1:

I have created a stamp pad, with invisible ink. Stamped images are only visible under blue light, does this have any uses in postcrossing, either on postcards or envelopes?

3 Likes

You could use it in this tag.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/ciphers-codes-and-invisible-ink-tag/5913/42

I would LOVE to know how you made a pad of invisible ink!!! My granddaughter would be amazed! Please share :star_struck:

You can use the same that is sold for entrance fee marking (for hands).

I think its a great idea! Or you could put the ink in a empty pen and draw on the postcard and make the design a surprise!

i bought the ink on eBay, it needs a blue light to see it glow. It has a jellyfish on the bottle. I used an uninked commercial stamp pad, although there are tutorials on youtube on making your own.
Wash the stamp-pad, and sponge in warm soapy water, to allow the ink to be absorbed. I accidentally used too much ink, and my pouring was out of whack, but I have half the bottle remaining to use with a nib pen.

1 Like

That is cool!! That’s a summer project on the list. Thank you for sharing :star_struck:

Mail Art Call :star_struck:

For those who wants to participate in a Mail Art Call.
They will prepare an exposition with all the material received and the participants who sent a Mail Art will receive a certificate from the organizers :slight_smile:

Free technique
Size: minimum 10x15mm (postcard)
Maximum A4

Write name, address and email in the back (or envelope).

Theme: Dialogue
Send before: 10th of November 2023

Address:

DIÁLOGO
Prof.a. Dra. Anna Beatriz Paula Depto. de Letras – UFPR
Caixa Postal 1064
Pinhais – PR
83320-970
Brazil

Mixed media, lol. Here are some videos I made, playing with different mediums.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtDPQ-VhZhQsnI6a7-XxkMozoDipQeD1g