What are your fave themes to send?

What are your fave themes to send?
Do you always send tourist cards, pictures of the local landscape, potatoes or blue cats? Do you like to send words of wisdom, bible passages, controversial art or self-made cards?

1 Like

My favorite topics are the ones that the recipient of my postcard wants to receive.
If I don’t have anything from her/his wish list, I’ll send a nice view of my city.

10 Likes

I always read the profil and hope I have a card, that is on the wishlist or perhaps what fits the most. Sometimes I send view cards from Germany, but not from my town, because there are non really to get from it.

I send my postcards depends on people’s choices/interests so I always read their bios, checking their favorites :blush:

Personally, I love illustration postcards more, the last 5 traveling postcard of mine are ilustrations :cherry_blossom:

4 Likes

My favourites are illustrated postcards and every time I’m happy when the recipient wishes for them. :hibiscus::woman_fairy:t2: When a person only wishes for something related to my country, I’m a little upset because they’re always out of stock. Most of my cards are illustrated and I would like to use them before buying new ones.

3 Likes

I like to send touristy postcards. I’m completely In love with my local landscape and I love sharing that. My local landscape is dominated by castles and steeped in legend so there are some really beautiful touristy ones.

7 Likes

Moomins are related to Finland. Also Christmas cards. Or illustrations showing berries, trees, animals, by an illustrator from Finland…I do the same and don’t buy much new cards, but try to fit the ones I already have, to the wish.

I like sending illustrations too, and Christmas cards in that time. Or photo cards.
And summer cards in summer, in general cards with the same season I am living.

4 Likes

I like it when I can match a vintage card to peoples loves. Its much more environmentally friendly and I think special/cooler than modern mass produced cards

6 Likes

I always try to send a postcard according to the receiver’s wishlist, but my favorites are illustrations.

3 Likes

So happy, you’ve once sent one to me! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Though I would say, I prefer photographs, the illustrated horse I received from you, is gorgeous, one of my most loved cards. Would be sad, not to have it.

Personally I like to send something I assume the recipient will like/wishes for.
But in the limits of my stock & preferrably something I like too.
Often I think of a special card or theme I would like to send in that moment, and sometimes it matches the profile I draw. These are the cads I like to send the most. The themes vary. Sometimes it’s an animal, sometimes a special card I wish a good home for or from a new group of cards … could be anything. Recently I 've been looking for someone to send a funny cartoon about coffee - now I hope the recipient will like that card too.

4 Likes

As a lifetime geography fiend - mapcards!

3 Likes

My favorite cards to send are to people whom I have common interests - helps me to decide what to write on the back. Most of my cards are designed using my photos, so I’m always hopeful I have a card they will love

1 Like

Flowers, animals and nature scenes. Though I try and pick something the recipient will enjoy if they have any requests.

1 Like

I have many cards, too many cards really, and I would say mostly art related cards. I try to match the recipient’s interest using the cards I have already. Most of the time I can do this :slight_smile:
I’ll buy some tourist cards to send, for those who like to receive them, but still try to find cards that I like or that show things I like about my city, region or country (architecture, city views, water and the coastline areas, forests and parks, mountains and volcanoes).
Otherwise it’s art, cats, more art, photography, trees, architecture, and did I mention art? I consider art to include any creative artwork including sculpture, drawing, painting, illustration, prints, mixed media, collage, graphic work, and crafts too. Photography too, but I list that separately, lol. Sometimes vintage cards.

3 Likes

While I try to also send a card that aligns with the recipient’s interests, I have found that I simply cannot go wrong with cats in space helmets. I got them on a whim and they don’t feel like anything I’ve seen anywhere else and I just love them so much. If I don’t have something that someone wants…cats in space helmets, it is!

6 Likes

of course i also like when i can match some requests (or just send whatever i feel like, i like the change), but my favourites to send out are cards i love myself. and some special ones. i have this one very pretty shark card for quite a while now (i can’t find shark cards anywhere) and if i ever get a profile asking for shark cards i would be very happy to send it out (and also miss my one and only shark card)

that sounds very specific but i too would very much like cats in space helmets.

4 Likes

I don’t have a fav theme to send but I’m super happy when I have a postcard that fits the interests of the recipient

The majority of my stock are “tourist” postcards (photo no illustration). those I prefer.
But I have a wide variety (landscapes, castles, houses, sky view, with flowers, different animals, beaches, boats, mountains, churches, bridges, etc.) so I often find one with a theme that the recipient likes.

I have some illustration postcards (that I like less), for those who prefer them.

And I also have many postcards with images of all kinds, which I had printed at the very beginning of my inscription to postcrossing.
Often I send them when the profile is empty or the person does not like tourist postcards or illustrations. Because they are not “official” postcards so I am always worried that the person is disappointed (it’s silly, I had a lot of positive Hurray messages!)

1 Like

I try to send a card that matches the preferences set by the person receiving. If I have nothing that matches or if the person doesn’t have preferences, I tend to choose animal cards. I love animals and I bought a few amazing card boxes off Amazon with realistic drawings, and these are my favorites to send out!

If i chose the cards according to my preferences, everyone would get handmade and a bunch of weird stuff like these two cards (ordered them for myself and not ready to let them go yet :joy:).

But I know that many people prefer a beautiful landscape card to a weird pilot fish, so I try my best to send something according to the receiver’s preferences.

7 Likes