What are these food cards called?

I see people mention postcards made out of cardboard food boxes. It would be so much fun to make and send these. It there a name for them? Do people trade them?

Check out the Handmade RR for swaps for these types of cards. :slight_smile:

They’re called food package cards

1 Like

The Food and Drink RR also has a group for food packages and there’s the Food package postcard tag.
You can also send food package cards in the recycling group at the Socially Good Cards RR.

3 Likes

The Handmade RR seldom has groups for food package cards, you’re rather out of luck there, I fear.

In addition to what @nekelin wrote, the DIRECTORY Handmade Cards & Mail Art also lists these two Round Robins which have groups for sending food package cards:

You can also send food package cards in the :recycle: Environmentally Friendly Tag but there is no saying whether you will receive one in turn, same with the recycling groups in the Socially Good Cards RR :dove:.

In the old forum there were trade requests for food package cards, too. I haven’t seen any in the new forum yet but that’s probably just a matter of time. You could start a new topic here: #trades-requests-offers:postcards

1 Like

Thank you for the shout out for the food and drink rr…we are always welcoming new members! :grinning: :love_letter:

1 Like

Hi. I have a question about the food package postcards? Can they be in any size or does it have to be in standard postcard size?

1 Like

In general they can be whatever size you’re allowed to send as a postcard. Postcards come in all different sizes, too!

Specific: in case you want to swap them, ask the recipient what they prefer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face:. I am hoping to do the Food package postcard tag :blush:

Maybe I should check with the local postoffice if they would allow to send cards like that without an envelope.

1 Like

These cards are real fun! @jlynch9923 makes them even more special with stickers!