Welcome to the 1st Annual Spring Handmade Postcard Exhibition – Spring 2023!

Card 2 also with paper and stickers

24 Likes

It’s wonderful to be entering into spring! There is nothing better than seeing that pop of colour in gardens after a grey and chilly winter. I painted these tulips in watercolour in a stained glass window style.

50 Likes

Stickers, perfume box, used stamp, washi tape, fabric trim, greeting card, gift wrap
Willing!

15 Likes

My 4th card:

Drawn with couloured crayons (? Buntstifte in German) are these little messengers of spring.
Inspired by a German Kinderlied (nursery rhyme) with the title “Alle Vögel sind schon da” (All the birds are already here), which is dedicated to our feathered friends who come back after a long winter. - And yes, an owl is usually not among them … :wink: :owl: :feather: #willing

12 Likes

“YIPPEE !” sums up my feelings about spring after a cold, icy winter. Created from a cotton fabric background, a corduroy frog cut from a remnant (yes, I made & wore corduroy frog pants in the 70s :rofl:), a speech bubble sticker and a ribbon yarn frame. #willing

43 Likes

Not expecting anyone to love this but wanted to submit a different take on spring! I just made this collage card for a fellow scientist friend. I call it, springing for spring!

In the snow-bound land where I live, springtails hopping around on the snow are our first sign of spring. They are only about 1mm long and they are absolutely amazing - active in -30 degrees C and form the foundation of food webs on every continent! They are our most primitive living arthropods - and surprisingly diverse and often colorful!

I remember very vividly when my friend and I first saw these under the microscope, from wetland soil samples in Maine. We both fell in love!

I took this photo of the card out in the snow for effect :wink:

You can see real photos of these little friends on this fellow’s Flickr. Collembola Set | Flickr

32 Likes

#2 from me

Just finished this collage card of a snowdrop flower insisting on making it spring, despite the snow. To make my collages, I only use found magazine images of nature as a medium.

I made it to send to my friend and art superhero, Micha Archer (https://www.michaarcher.com/).

33 Likes

Sooooooo love this!!!

This is such a nice compliment. Thank you so much! Sometimes the junk is so pretty lol. I’m not going to get a Discovery card, but at least it isn’t a total waste.

2 Likes

#3 from me—

Collage of crocuses bursting out of the snow. In gratitude to @TwasBrillig for hosting this exhibition.

51 Likes

I filled it with spring :blossom: :cherry_blossom: :blossom: :cherry_blossom:

I made the base paper and flower paper flakes with watercolor, covered them with transparent sheets and sewed them with a sewing machine.

You can also move and play with the arrangement of the flowers :wink:

#willing

23 Likes

Spring is coming.
All kinds of animals start looking for a mate again.
Here the hares:

I took 5 matching colors of yarn threads together and embroidered the border with them.

27 Likes

irst spring flowers are blooming in our garden. We are now waiting for this tulip to open as well.

I took 5 matching colors of yarn threads together and embroidered the border with them.

34 Likes

I Love Mail Art and am Grateful for this opportunity to share. I am more than willing to give this card to the lottery winner! <3

32 Likes

here is a spring in steampunk zen tangled style)

space mushrooms grew on copper ore soils in the rain :sunglasses: :alien: :mushroom: :umbrella:

23 Likes

spring :seedling::tulip::cherry_blossom: and plants again in zen tangled style

18 Likes

cute spring card

I used stikers, stamp, pictures. we are waiting the spring when all grows, flourishes, lives. fantastic time especially after winter statics
#ready

12 Likes

A Spring song brings inspiration!
Medium: Collage

32 Likes

Spring Day
Medium: Digital

23 Likes

Alcohol markers, inks and colored pencils on bristol paper. Drawing printed on satin postcard paper.
These flowers are the ones that bloom in my parents’ garden (it’s still too early to see them)

• willing ( the card printed professionally)

41 Likes