Washi tape discussions!

Yes. Sadly it’s just the picture making it look weird :sweat_smile: :sparkles:

It’s like the washi tape version of “is this dress blue or gold?” :rofl:

7 Likes

You are very lucky. We can not find beautiful washi tape in Turkey or they are very expensive.

There are very beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

The disappointing moment where you ve read a store send to your country with 4.5 euros cost, you ve filled a 40euro basket only to see that a parcel after all costs 25 to be sent! i mean… wth with European Union… send via regular post!

EDIt: I always know it is a bad idea to get my hopes up. Just like @SiM_ mentioned, we are doomed here in the south.

2 Likes

This is about two thirds of my washi tape collection.
Looks pretty nice but isn’t that handy when you want to use some of the bottom ones. You’ll have to take them all out :roll_eyes:

As I’m not really creative, I wanted to ask what you do with your washis to use them up. I wanted to start decorating the white side of my postcards but then there is even less room for writing :thinking:
And I don’t have any other paper craft hobbies (I’m a knitter :grin:)…

8 Likes

well in general that is what most people use them for. if i put washitape at the bottom of the card and/or at the top i still have enough space to write (though i do write pretty small). most of the times i put the washitape over some uninteresting text or a barcode, so i’m not missing out on space at all. sometimes i put in the middle, between the address and the message.

have you had a look at this topic? it shows that there are plenty ways to make the back of your card look pretty and be able to write a nice message.

8 Likes

Thanks a lot @mchay - I will give it a go on the next postcards I send :smiley:
And the thread you mentioned, it’s just wow :star_struck: I hadn’t read it before. I really missed out on something. Thank you for making me aware of this beautiful thread.

1 Like

My bestie and I share our washi collection, so my stock varies. I just downsized from the first picture and now have what is in the second picture on hand.

15 Likes

I might just have a bit of washi tape here…
The box @Cassiopheia suggested to organize it seems to be pretty hard to get for shops, it’s like waiting to be shipped for like three weeks now…

Around 10 rolls or so are on it’s long way from china… So they’re not on this photo.

The order from Home by piia is also there - thanks for the suggestion @tiitinen

10 Likes

Wow @paradonym that looks great! :star_struck: :rainbow:

I would also need some proper box to organize my tapes…

look for “REALLY USEFUL BOX 2,5 Liter - 340 x 200 x 70 mm + Washi Tape Tray” - that’s what I ordered.

@tiitinen I just got the info that the really useful box in the washi tape variant seems to have been discontinued. So if you get a shop, act fast :wink:

1 Like

You are all reminding me that I should organise my tapes. I currently have them in my “postcrossing tote bag” where I store everything I need to write postcards, but they’re all just kind of floating around in there and fall out and roll across the floor often…oops.
I really like the tapes from the company called BGM. The last order I put in was through an Etsy account called SomedaySomeplace. It’s maybe on the more expensive side, but the shipping was fast and the seller was kind enough to gift me an extra tape.

Actually I learned about washi tape not long ago, so I don’t have a big collection :sweat_smile: I bought my first tapes few days ago and I enjoy them much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

Look at these rolls of washi tape I received today. Each roll is 3 mm wide. I’m in love!

46 Likes

I’m a fan of thin washi rolls as well, and find them easier to use on postcards than the larger ones. They had just a pop of color in the right amount, without taking up too much space!

17 Likes

well i live in turkey and they export these kind of things so theyre bit pricey, i mostly buy them from aliexpress which is alot cheaper! i will study college abroad soon and accesing to these stuff will be lot easier for me haha!

4 Likes

I host my current favorite Washis on top of my desk. The others are in a canvas bag in my stationery basket.

Most of the Washis in my canvas bag are swatched in my Hobonichi Cousin.

That way I can refer to them easily .

47 Likes

OMG! I haven`t heard of Bande washi stiker rolls and they are such a good idea!! Where did you buy yours? :green_heart: :green_heart: :star_struck:

I haven’t bought any yet myself! :sob: I first saw them on Etsy, but they are also available from Washi Wednesday and JetPens (both ship internationally). Of course, you could try Amazon or AliExpress.

Bande is just one brand, though–I’m sure there are others to try! :gift_heart:

2 Likes

Love this topic !
The last washi tape I bought ! Sakura themed to celebrate spring !
The first ones’ brand is BGM.

These ones are sold on a website called Notebook Therapy.

23 Likes