V.e.r.y L.o.n.g Profiles

Can you tell them all apart? They sound lovely!

This thread made me lol, I definitely have too long of a profile and mine is just a bunch of random thoughts lol

2 Likes

Sorry I brought it up elikoa, didnā€™t mean to scare you! :speak_no_evil:

I think your profile is so nice and easy-going! Iā€™d instantly know which card to pick and what to write about, thatā€™s great. Nothing is harder for me than to have a profile staring at me, not knowing how to connect with that person.
About my little (and not so little) crawlies, they all have individual enclosures and little species and name tags on them. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wow, somehow I thought they all loved together. I suppose thatā€™s not rational since theyā€™re predators?
Also Iā€™m glad me profile isnā€™t aggressive :relaxed: thank you.

1 Like

Exactly, you have a fast mind! :+1:t2::sunglasses:

Of course, this is our profileā€¦ :rofl:

3 Likes

I never saw a profile too long yet.
Instead, when someone lists for example the countries they visited, I become curious, where in that country, how did you go there, for how long, how did you decide to go there, did you plan it long, did you like it, where did you sleep, with whom, what did you doā€¦

Because of the limit, I think there canā€™t be too long profile here.
But I think, itā€™s hard to write about myself. The worst question is ā€œtell me about yourselfā€ and then the waiting, interested face, full of expectation, when I canā€™t come up with anything to say. Of course I can tell my name, job, studies, but actually these things does not tell anything about the ā€œtrueā€ me. So here, in my profile, I ended up listing things I like. I think many people have this difficulty, and so there are ages of their grandchildren, maybe in hoping the sender has also grandchildren, and write about them?

14 Likes

Ha! This! I agree with this wholeheartedly, itā€™s the hardest question for me I am always relieved when there is a specific question instead because if there isnā€™t I end up rambling.

7 Likes

but i love rambling on a card! some people just write hello my name is xyz and my hobbys are this and that. i donā€™t mind of course, everyone has a different writing style. but i have no idea how to react to that. like if your hobby is reading iā€™d love to hear what book you are reading. or if your hobby is walking, tell me what you see and where youā€™re going.

but yes talking about yourself in your profile can definitely help with that. if i see someone loves cats i talk about my cat or if someone likes tvshows i talk about my favourites. so to me, a long profile with a lot of information is great.

10 Likes

Ahah no worries, it is to say how bad I am - cannot fault people to use emojis! I just scroll fast and donā€™t linger :sweat_smile: If you ever decide to post an actual photo of them do put a warning somewhere please :stuck_out_tongue:

(I imagine they have name tags on theirā€¦box or wherever they live, not on the actual petā€¦ Now I am going back to work to move away from this mental imageā€¦ :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Okay that actually makes sense. I suppose when people say they love travelling, I can talk about that. I guess itā€™s me being a bit at loss about children and pets :rofl:

Yes! Same! And yes I get impatient too about ā€œHello I am X and I like Zā€ and I guess you found the reason, we want to know what ā€œZā€ (books, travel, gardening, whatever) means to them! But I really donā€™t want to tell people what to writeā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t worry, I make sure to always put pictures in spoilers with a warning as title. I know that many of you guys donā€™t love them as much as I do. :slight_smile:

one good reason that i like read long profile esp. those with long favorite lists is to let me know the outside postcard world. there have so many artist, illurstrations which i can write it down and try to discover later.

9 Likes

Same, I am always looking up names or terms I donā€™t recognize or writing them down to search for later!

1 Like

Well, I am fairly new here for seven years now and still in the mygoshphase! :smile:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s my profile.I wrote long because I wanna give ideas to people whoā€™s going to send me postcards about what to choose or what to write

5 Likes

Does anybody have an idea how to use up my last 6 characters? :rofl:

6 Likes

I am definitely guilty of a long profile. hangs head in shame

The other day I received an official postcrossing card that started with, ā€œHello, I read your text and you seem likeā€¦ā€ and I felt so bad because I thought the Postcrosser had drawn my address and was assaulted with a wall of dense text from my profile! Oops!

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I have 2719/3000 :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

I absolutely love long profiles. Details about pets are nice, thatā€™s also telling about Postcrossers and how they love their pets. Iā€™m only bored of long lists of wishes and expired cards (I donā€™t understand the latter).

(Rewriting my profile I spent LOTS of words to describe in detail and unambiguously that Iā€™m happy with any postcards and messagesā€¦ I couldā€™ve written more about myself but itā€™s already 2999/3000)

7 Likes

Well, I donā€™t mind, itā€™s a way to get to know someone. I donā€™t know if mine would fit in your description, I have no particular achievment to boast, but I simply listed some of the things I like for the sender can get an idea of what to send me.

I quote, paragraphs are important. Then you can write as much as you want, I like to read. But half a meter of words and sentences piled on each other can be visually intimidating for me :slight_smile:

I honestly prefer a long profile than a totally empty one.

7 Likes