USA - Where to get postcards

Fotofolio has a $10 monthly subscription that sends you 10 random cards from their portfolio

I’ve gotten it for a few months now and no repeats

4 Likes

The photographer of the new Heritage Breeds stamps is selling matching postcards:

https://www.alizaeliazarov.com/shop

3 Likes

Thank you I just signed up! Can’t wait to get my 1st set of cards!

1 Like

Here are some places to buy postcards in Maryland. Anyone would like to add these to the topic for me? I’m using my phone and I don’t wanna mess up the format. Thank you!

Downtown Salisbury Visitor Center: 110 N Division St, Salisbury, MD 21801

Wicomico Visitor Center: N Salisbury Blvd, Delmar, MD 21875

Pam’s Hallmark Shoppe: 805 S Salisbury Blvd, Salisbury, MD 21801

Salisbury Zoological Park: 755 S Park Dr, Salisbury, MD 21804

Salisbury State University: Guerrier Student Center, 1101 Camden Ave, Salisbury, MD 21801

Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum: 213 N Talbot St, St Michaels, MD 21663

Pemberton Pharmacy & Gift: 204 S Talbot St, St Michaels, MD 21663

The Preppy Redneck: 213 S Talbot St, PO Box 1204, Saint Michaels, MD 21663

There’s another clothing store sells Old Bay souvenirs stuff in St. Michaels. I forgot the name.

Thanks! Done :+1:

Thank you! You are awesome!

Fred Meyer in Ralleigh Hills (part of SW Portland Oregon) has some decent postcards. As do the Made in Oregon Stores.

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Recently found a great store in Sunnyvale.

Treasure Island Stamps & Coins on 103 E El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. It has a great variation of new and canceled stamps, used and unused postcards. Owner of the store is very friendly and polite gentleman.

Hope it would be helpful for anyone who are in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Happy postcrossing!

5 Likes

I’m new to postcards. So far I’ve bought some from Etsy, Redbubble, and Zazzle. I also just ordered my first postcard book from eBay.

1 Like

I’m getting ready to place a small order with this distributor just to see what the quality is but I assume its similar to what I used to find in highway truck stops. They don’t have a lot, but they have my state!
https://www.postcardsouvenir.com/

3 Likes

I visited a fun store yesterday that has a great line of humorous midwestern postcards. They have stores in Iowa, Chicago, Kansas City and Omaha, and also sell online.

Raygun - postcard collection

1 Like

This is my favourite from Raygun!

It’s purr-fect😻

3 Likes

Hi. I got an error message when I clicked on your store link.

Here is the main site. For postcards, select “Home & Kitchen” → Paper Products → Postcards.

https://www.raygunsite.com/

You are lucky!

I asked every Wallgreens and CVS in a 15 mile radius of Brighton, Michigan. They all said that they don’t carry them. One guy didn’t even know what a postcard was.

That sounds so stupid…

It is stupid. If you don’t live in a resort town, you probably won’t be able to find post cards. Especially if it’s some sort of corporate mass produced chain store (Staples, Walgreens, Barnes and Noble, Speedway gas station, etc.). They don’t want their stores to represent the town it’s in, it’s all about the look of their company. I’ve checked everywhere, I even asked one of the local hotel chains. No dice.

And for the guy at Staples who didn’t know what a postcard was and laughed at me for asking… Don’t worry, judging by his grease stained shirt and protruding gut, who needs postcards when you can order pizza through a little app on your Iphone.

1 Like

That’s shame on them! Sorry to hear what happened to you. Have you tried to ask your local FB group page? I live in a small town in Jersey. I couldn’t find a lot but people told me there’s a local store sells few different kinds that made by the owner. Also there’s a Prison museum has some local postcards too. Or sometimes older people would give away postcards because their kids aren’t interested in them. Hope you would find more postcards you like.

The Walgreens near me (northern Virginia) don’t carry postcards. I tried a few other places nearby (Sheetz, etc) and none being sold. Have to get mine online.

Reminder to people taking a look at this thread to scroll all the way up: You’ll find (and can add/update) a list of many retail locations in the US where to buy postcards.

2 Likes