USA - Where to get postcards

3 posts were split to a new topic: Postcards printer

Thanks for posting the link to Christopher Arndt’s shop! I’ve been looking for cards like this!

3 Likes

Any idea of where to get some in New York? Not particularly New York City. I’m from Central/Upstate New York.

2 Likes

Hi guys!
I made an alliexpress list that contains cheap postcards. They’re between the price range from 2-6$ for 10-30 cards. Just the shipping time could take a month. The quality is good, even the sizes. Take a look!
http://my.aliexpress.com/wishlist/shared.htm?groupId=800000002827001

Edit: The link is invalid, i don’t know why :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m in the same area and buy all mine online. Doesn’t seem to be a physical location that has worked for me.

Like most places around the country, here in New Mexico you would normally buy postcards at tourist locations and at museum gift shops. Some of my favorite places in Albuquerque to buy postcards are: Old Town, Sandia Tram, Cracker Barrel, and bookstores. I’ve noticed that Walmart also sells some of our regional themed postcards. Some, not all, of the shops in Old Town have the postcards priced pretty high probably because they know tourists will dish out the money for them.

If you’re not averse to using Amazon, they have a wide variety. I just ordered up a batch of North Dakota postcards today that should arrive next week. As this is the state I live in, I want to use these to mail out all over the world.

1 Like

Added a few places to buy postcards in Eugene, OR. :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I should be getting in over 250 cards from my source, including some from upstate New York. I will see what I get and let you know.

2 Likes

Guerrilla Graphix is also another place to get some great cards in NM. Two locations in ABQ (Nob Hill and Old Town) and one in Taos. Their cards are sometimes edgier and political— which I love!

1 Like

I buy most of my postcards from eBay sellers. One in particular is worth a mention here. They sell thousands of cards and covers, nearly all as auctions starting at 25c. I’ve had some great deals on lovely VINTAGE (very little newer stuff) unused postcards. maxi cards, and covers. I feel comfortable recommending this seller to everyone as I have had 10+ excellent purchasing experiences from them.

N.B. The starting price of 25c INCLUDES shipping, so it’s possible to buy 2 items for less than the price of a first class stamp!

4 Likes

Where do you find UNESCO World Heritage postcards of the U.S. online? I see a lot of profiles asking for those kind of cards, but I seem to have a hard time finding them. I did find some on Etsy and Zazzle, but I’ve read complaints about low quality from those sites. I would consider them if anyone can recommend particular sellers. I can’t seem to find any on Amazon. I’ve also visited several of those WH sites, but have never noticed postcards that mention UNESCO World Heritage.

I agree. There were plenty of options in Santa Fe!

Are you asking for someone to send you blank postcards about/from Upstate/Central NY? Or do you live there and you’re looking for shopping ideas?

Do you have a Wegmans? Wegmans usually has a post card rack - and they’re $0.40 at my store!! (In Rochester). I’ve also gotten postcards about Niagara Falls from the Wegmans in Buffalo. They also have basic NY, NYC tourism, Erie Canal, etc postcards on those racks.

1 Like

Yes, I live in Syracuse. We have a few Wegmans nearby. I’ve been searching around for some postcard racks in other stores and even gas stations but I’ve been unable to find any.

1 Like

I have the best luck with pharmacies, like Walgreens or CVS. Just ask the cashier up front because sometimes they’re hiding the postcard rack.

Also, Hallmarks. Again, ask the cashiers. I had one lady pull some from under the cash register!

4 Likes

Do you have any links to shops in Colorado?

I’ve fallen in love with the cards from PostcardsMarket.com! Also, if you are in the Franklin, TN area, there is a stall at the Painted Tree Marketplace that sells the Spirit of Nashville cards - I love those designs! They are also sold at the Made in TN store inside the Factory.

3 Likes

Arizona themed postcards are available in bulk from https://www.arizonagifts.com/arizona-souvenirs/postcards/

Price is currently $26.85 per 100 plus shipping. There is a nice choice of designs offered.

Darn it says the page you are looking for can’t be found