US cards are usually damaged

I got one from the US, there are ink marks on the picture side… But that’s just fine.

i cancel my own at the plant AND sort them into the case so they bypass automation altogether

1 Like

Must be one of the perks of working at the P&DC :smiley:
I was only at an associate office :stuck_out_tongue:

I can’t blame the plant for they must be very busy. All we could do was placard it and hope.

Here in the UK, I took a card to the main post office to have it hand stamped and it seems this is no longer a service they can provide. I don’t know if the smaller, local post offices still hand stamp but I can’t remember seeing for a long time anything other than machine postmarks or pen scribbles.

It’s the pen scribbles that is my only real gripe with “damaged” cards, as everything else is the norm in a cards journey. I can recall only one card being un-displayable in my album because of damage.

G’day / Yuuma! I love the way postcards arrive though don’t always upload pics of damaged front.

Ouch… but at least you’ve just got one postal rate. Here we’ve got THREE different rates for overseas post.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned elsewhere but Aussie maxicards are prepaid postage anywhere in the world. And cos they’re pre wrapped in packs of at least 3 or more, safest way to buy then send anything in a pandemic.

Maxicards also have the stamp cancelled with the first day of issue postmark (I’m told) but it seems even Auspost can’t remember that as pics uploaded by recipients include further cancellation marks half the time. I’ve even seen some where their own country has stamped it again too (think that was China?)!!