UK school collecting postcards from around the world

Hello from St Peter’s!

My name is Marianne McDonnell and I am the Deputy Headteacher/ Principle at St Peter’s School in the UK.

I run ‘International Club’ with some of the older children and we are collecting postcards from all over the world. We map them on our world map and use them in our Geography lessons to find out more about our world.

We would love to receive postcards from anywhere in the world! We would love to have postcards that show us what your country is like. We will like and appreciate any card that you choose to send us but if you could send one that had a picture of: traditional costumes, famous buildings and monuments, native animals that are special to your country or area or map cards of your cities or towns that would be wonderful.

When you write to us, please tell us where you are from and what your culture is like there. We are interested in learning as much as possible. You could tell us something about the card you have chosen for us, or if there something special about your country that you would like to share with us.

If you could please write a little bit in your native language and translate it for us that would be great.

If you would like us to send you one back, please send me a DM or leave your school info in the comments and we will send you some postcards of the UK.

Our School Address is:

International Club
St Peter’s Catholic Primary School
Grange Road
Leatherhead
Surrey, KT22 7JN
England

Thank you so much for taking the time to help us learn just a little bit more about your culture and country. You can find out more about our school on our website: https://www.stpeters-leatherhead.co.uk

We look forward to hearing from you.

42 Likes

Count me in!

2 Likes

I will send a card!

3 Likes

Will send a card from Texas, USA!

2 Likes

One will be in the mail Monday, from Canada.

2 Likes

Hello! I can send one from Latvia :latvia: and can arrange one to be sent by my friends from Lithuania :lithuania:.
Is ot better to send it in an envelope or without it?
Alise

3 Likes

The postcard will go out today

2 Likes

Wow :blush: Postcrossers are amazing thank you!!
Postcards just as they are without envelopes are fine, whatever works best.
We’re so excited :clap:

5 Likes

The postcard is on its way to you.
Good luck with the project :green_heart:

Diana :netherlands:

2 Likes

I‘ll send something from Bavaria tomorrow :memo::mailbox_with_mail:

1 Like

You have one from Vermont, USA coming your way!

1 Like

Sending one today! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sending one from the Southeast coast of North Carolina, USA :us:

1 Like

I will, from Provence in France. Flore

1 Like

Hi
I will send you a card from Sri Lanka

1 Like

Will send one from South Africa

3 Likes

I can send one from Italy!

1 Like

I’m sending you one from France

1 Like

Great!!! Sending some stuff from Barcelona!

2 Likes

Our first 2 arrived this week, we opened them in International club this morning and the children were so pleased with them. Thank you SO much.

7 Likes