UK > Russia/Belarus mails

Hi all, I want to hear from everyone how their postcard or mail that are being sent to Russia (from the UK) are doing?
I went to the post office the other day and the staff said that there is a chance some items would not make it to the reciever. I want to know my chances of sending items to Russia before I send more cards :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance!

I had 2 cards reach Russia in March, both after 30 days which is standard for me.

Mail is not suspended - you can check on the Royal Mail website :
International incidents update

Unless you go inactive, you will keep receiving addresses, so just keep posting.

1 Like

Mine have also got there ok so far, with two registered in March… but let’s see. I find that the time it takes depends on where the recipient is in Russia e.g. Moscow and big cities arrive in around 2-3 weeks, far away places take well over a month in normal times.

I have 3 cards on the way (currently between 3- 25 days), so will monitor and report back…

1 Like

As you can see, several postcards that I sent to Russia since the war started, or just before, have been registered.

I don’t think you need to worry. Some of these have been faster times than normal.

2 Likes

these mail blockades :slight_smile: started mid-March, so I think you should mostly check cards send after Mar 10-15 or so… stuff sent before that is most likely to arrive without issues

1 Like

Yes mine have been arriving at a more or less average rate:

2 Likes

I had one registered in early March after travelling 23 days. The other two I sent on 30th January and 14th February haven’t been registered yet and the recipients haven’t logged on in over 3 weeks. I wasn’t sure what the situation is in Russia regarding mail from the UK so I unchecked the “several postcards traveling to the same country at the same time” box in settings before I drew more addresses this morning.

1 Like

I agree with @flamey I guess it’s too early for us to tell.
I actually wanted to send a tracked mail to Russia today, the post office recommends against sending the item…

This is a good tip!

1 Like

I sent one on the 21st of March, it arrived today. That’s a week or two faster than my cards’ average travel time to Russia.

1 Like

My latest one to Russia arrived in 34 days… pretty normal for Russia, so I don’t think there is disruption

Looks like I just got really unlucky then. Neither of my two remaining Russian recipients has logged on in over a month now.

My last three Russian cards have gone over the 60 days unregistered… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Funny…

… All my cards to Russia since Feb have arrived in under a month, except two in which I used those Universal Mail stamps, which are about to expire.

With a presumed detour via the Philippines (which has a suspension to Russia) I doubt these will ever arrive.

2 Likes

I’ve had another two sent to Russia after 24th Feb that have arrived :+1:

Anyone here had postcards to China :cn: get through?

I’ve got three postcards to China this year all expired. :disappointed:

1 Like

No. I have two expired - about 70-80 days- and one at 16 days. Hopefully, China Post will work through the backlog soon.

1 Like

A Postcrosser in China explained that China Post has been “withholding” many items “for Covid reasons” when registering one of my sent cards, which took 187 days to reach him.

2 Likes

Have a look here, @Maddymail @chrisbonham11

Hmm, I’m baffled by this. My local Post Office has been refusing to take letters to Russia since the spring. Are the rest of you saying you’ve had no difficulty sending things recently?

I’m starting to think my Post Office has been misinforming me. :open_mouth:

2 Likes