UK > Russia mails

Hi all, I want to hear from everyone how their postcard or mail that are being sent to Russia (from the UK) are doing?
I went to the post office the other day and the staff said that there is a chance some items would not make it to the reciever. I want to know my chances of sending items to Russia before I send more cards :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance!

I had 2 cards reach Russia in March, both after 30 days which is standard for me.

Mail is not suspended - you can check on the Royal Mail website :
International incidents update

Unless you go inactive, you will keep receiving addresses, so just keep posting.

1 Like

Mine have also got there ok so far, with two registered in March… but let’s see. I find that the time it takes depends on where the recipient is in Russia e.g. Moscow and big cities arrive in around 2-3 weeks, far away places take well over a month in normal times.

I have 3 cards on the way (currently between 3- 25 days), so will monitor and report back…

1 Like

As you can see, several postcards that I sent to Russia since the war started, or just before, have been registered.

I don’t think you need to worry. Some of these have been faster times than normal.

2 Likes

these mail blockades :slight_smile: started mid-March, so I think you should mostly check cards send after Mar 10-15 or so… stuff sent before that is most likely to arrive without issues

1 Like

Yes mine have been arriving at a more or less average rate:

2 Likes

I had one registered in early March after travelling 23 days. The other two I sent on 30th January and 14th February haven’t been registered yet and the recipients haven’t logged on in over 3 weeks. I wasn’t sure what the situation is in Russia regarding mail from the UK so I unchecked the “several postcards traveling to the same country at the same time” box in settings before I drew more addresses this morning.

1 Like

I agree with @flamey I guess it’s too early for us to tell.
I actually wanted to send a tracked mail to Russia today, the post office recommends against sending the item…

This is a good tip!

1 Like

I sent one on the 21st of March, it arrived today. That’s a week or two faster than my cards’ average travel time to Russia.

1 Like

My latest one to Russia arrived in 34 days… pretty normal for Russia, so I don’t think there is disruption

Looks like I just got really unlucky then. Neither of my two remaining Russian recipients has logged on in over a month now.

My last three Russian cards have gone over the 60 days unregistered… :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Funny…

… All my cards to Russia since Feb have arrived in under a month, except two in which I used those Universal Mail stamps, which are about to expire.

With a presumed detour via the Philippines (which has a suspension to Russia) I doubt these will ever arrive.

1 Like

I’ve had another two sent to Russia after 24th Feb that have arrived :+1:

Anyone here had postcards to China :cn: get through?

I’ve got three postcards to China this year all expired. :disappointed:

1 Like

No. I have two expired - about 70-80 days- and one at 16 days. Hopefully, China Post will work through the backlog soon.

1 Like

A Postcrosser in China explained that China Post has been “withholding” many items “for Covid reasons” when registering one of my sent cards, which took 187 days to reach him.

2 Likes

Have a look here, @Maddymail @chrisbonham11