UK > Russia/Belarus mails

I have 8 expired postcards to Russia and that is why my account has been blocked. It doesn’t make sense, what can I do about it? Anyway I sent 4 postcards again to some of the addresses where my previous postcards did not arrive. Let’s see what happens.
Indeed my account setting is for sending to repeated countries, which never bothered me in the past.

It looks as though you’ve had some success. Has your account been unblocked?

I have 5 expired to Russia, with 3 more possibly expiring in the next fortnight. So I’m a little bit trepidatious that I could end up blocked. Most, if not all, of those 5 are to ghostcrossers, so absolutely no point in resending.

1 Like

If it were me, I’d appeal that with administration. I’m confident you’d get a fair hearing.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll wait for a while if my postcards arrive. If not I will indeed contact administration.

1 Like

Seems a bit unfair to be blocking accounts due to factors beyond the individual’s control.

What’s official policy on this ?

1 Like

I don’t think the postcrossing team sit there and block accounts,

I think the algorithm computer system thingy flags up postcrosser accounts who may appear to ‘Cherry Pick Addresses’ to get an exotic country

‘we’ve all done it’ I’ll admit on occasions when I’ve got Germany, USA, Russia back to back, I’ve kept requesting till I get another country and prioritise that postcard

1 Like

Can I resurrect this thread? There has been some discussion on the “pull up a stump” thread on this subject, but maybe there are some UK forum members who haven’t seen that, but might like to comment on their recent experience of sending to Russia (and Belarus) here.

Has anyone sent postcards since about the 6th January to Russia or Belarus that have arrived and been registered? That seems to be the cut off date for all of us.

I’m concerned because over the next 6 days, I’m going to have 5 expire to Russia and Belarus. Add those to the 8 that are already expired (out of 15 total expired) and I might well be blocked by the end of the week.

The situation has been flagged to admin. I would be very interested to know the UK wide picture.

3 Likes

I’ve just had 2 to Russia expire from before 6 Jan, and about to have another 2 expire from after 6 Jan. None since 6 Jan successfully deliverered :cry:

1 Like

This may make grim reading: I have 109 travelling cards - nine have expired. Of those sent since the cyber attack on 10 January, 29 are travelling to Russia and 10 to Belarus. A further 3 to Russia and 1 to Belarus have expired.

A small number of cards sent in 2022 to those countries have been registered, but not a single card has arrived since the cyber attack. I am beginning to wonder whether it is worth wasting expensive stamps for these countries! But I will persevere!

5 Likes

1 sent to Russia on 6th Jan and still not received :frowning:
1 posted to Belarus on Friday - will see how it goes

I just went through 20 pages of postcards sent from the UK, and the only ones arriving in Russia were sent on the 6th of January or earlier… very few cards arriving at all in Russia, versus how many Russian addresses we all seem to be getting.

One card sent on the 6th of January arrived: GB-1610263 - does anyone know of one sent on the 7th or after that has arrived?

There was one that was registered automatically sent on the 24th of February, though of course that hasn’t actually arrived: GB-1623668

1 Like

That’s really interesting. Thanks for checking all that out. There’s definitely a problem somewhere along the line.

1 Like

My last one to reach Russia was dated 01 Jan. One from 06 Jan has not arrived. I have 5 travelling and 5 expired to Russia.
I’m really not sure if this is typical or not, but it is both expensive and frustrating.

1 Like

I’ll soon have 5 expired to Russia and 4 travelling (assuming I don’t draw more Russian addresses). If I get blocked, so be it - I did my part in sending the cards.

cards travelling to Russia

2 Likes

Currently I have 4 cards travelling to Russia (although one was sent from Spain last summer and has been travelling 204 days so we can exclude that from the UK > Russia discussion here). Of the others, one was sent on 22nd December and is now expired, but the user is active and was last seen just 2 days ago. The other two were sent on 9th and 19th January and neither have reached their destination. The last offical card I sent to Russia that has arrived was on 25th November and that arrived in just over a month on 27th December.

As @toucans has mentioned above, this is very frustrating given there is no economy rate to Russia/Belarus so we have to use the higher (soon to be an eyewatering £2.20 rate) on these cards which are all expiring.

3 Likes

For me None of my postcards to Russia from the 7th December onwards have been registered by their recipients :pensive:

Although interestingly my forum postcards to Russia posted in December and early January have arrived, however these where all posted before or on the 4th January (I remember this as I posted them along with my postcards to China, which I have receipts from the post office for).

2 Likes

@Maddymail that’s a good point - the cards I’ve sent via tags don’t seem to have been received either.

It makes me not want to tag people in Russia but then they are already so restricted who can send to them.

How can we make Postcrossing aware, so that more people don’t get banned?

1 Like

@meiadeleite @paulo

Sorry to bother you, but we’re getting concerned about this situation (as seen in the posts above :arrow_up:). There doesn’t seem to be much more that we can do. But I did wonder if you are aware from the data you see that there is a problem with the post UK-Russia (and possibly Belarus), especially since the cyber incident which started on 10th January.

5 Likes

Just to add to the discussion, this is what my travelling cards currently look like @Florallle -

3 Likes

Hi, mine too - always take about a month to Russia,

1 Like