Ugly stamp designs

Like I said, in the Chinese philatelic world, it has been widely controversial since its release in 1995.
And after the popularization of the Internet, it is the most ugly stamp in every online vote, it is the top of the list

1 Like

Maybe, but why don’t you simply speak for yourself? It is totally fine if you present stamps that you dislike, even if the rest of the Chinese philatelists like them.

They are so weird, I actually like them! I can image they’d be perfect for scary letters by lawyers or for reminders of overdue invoices! Or for Halloween mail! :ghost: Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Finland’s Europa issue 2006

6 Likes

Oh … those poor guys look like they’re having some kind of health issue…

I like them :hugs:

2 Likes

Omg, I love these stamps because they are so cute. Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder :heartpulse:

5 Likes

These stamps are a true apple of discord :rofl: People either love or hate them

2 Likes

Yes, I originally came to this forum topic to share my disappointment about the new USPS 2024 Horses stamps. These could have been much better designed, and made more relevant to the USA. Instead it just says “Horses” on the stamp - it feels overly simplistic, like the stamp was made for a child. Why not put the name of the breed? Particularly if they are featuring horses that are American breeds.

They added the specific species name on those new 2024 sea turtle stamps.

The breed was included for the military working dogs USPS stamps.

And the breed was included on these old horse USPS stamps from way back.

Does this bother anyone else? Neigh or yay? :joy_cat:

7 Likes

“New Technologies”stamps in China Mainland. I think they are very ugly!

2 Likes

Neigh!

1 Like

Totally agree. “HORSES””…duh! Just in case someone mistook them for alligators?

6 Likes

:nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

5 Likes

I’m not a fan of this design. :sneezing_face:
485304-T0

I wish they would put Alex Trebok (the host of this show) on the stamps.

7 Likes

Yes, so disappointed by those Alex Trebek stamps. I wish they had included him in the individual stamp design.

I think the red and white man looks really jarring in this issue… much prefer the Tokyo 2020 one

I prefer this to the Tokyo and Rio ones :laughing: really to each his own

1 Like

I love the new horse stamps and was excited to buy a sheet. Am hoping to draw a profile who says they like horses so I can do horse cards with many different horse stamps (have been saving them all up in anticipation!!)