Trip Report: Marshall Islands, Kiribati, Nauru

Wow, Trevor! When you visited us in Santa Ana, that had to have been a very dull experience, compared with trips like this! I do have a friend who spent a couple weeks in Palau–the beaches are private and she had to stay in a hotel on the beach to get to the water. Another friend is from Guam–Angie–she was at our meetup you visited. She always stops in Japan on her way :slight_smile: to visit family. Thanks for sharing–it’s great to travel vicariously through you!

2 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed! There is never a dull moment when Postcrossing in travel mode, I enjoyed the Santa Ana meetup very much! I’m always impressed by how many people attend meetups in California, I’ve attended or hosted in Santa Ana, San Francisco (x2), and Sacramento and they each had dozens of attendees, but at meetups in Dallas and Houston we get 3-5 people. I’m looking forward to many more adventures in the new year and expect to do some more exploring in the Pacific and Caribbean. I will keep you posted!

1 Like

Trevor - this is ICONIC!! As a recent college grad who also loves Postcrossing / mail / stamps, I’m so inspired to do a postcard-themed adventure. What a neat way to document your travels and share that unique experience with people from all over. I’m going to need to listen to this podcast to figure out how to finesse a trip like this myself :blush:

2 Likes

The fun in Palau isn’t on the beach, but on and under the water! I spent a week there a few years ago and went scuba diving, snorkeling and kayaking. It’s an excellent Travel Mode country, with a good post office (friendly, patient staff, lots of stamp choices and reliable service), but unfortunately, Travel Mode didn’t exist yet, when I went.

2 Likes