The world's northernmost postcrossing meetup in Longyearbyen, 11-13 November 2022

Oh absolutely, super excited! I could go now. Trying not to go completely overboard yet, but it’s hard :joy:

2 Likes

Anyone else who is already too excited?

Yes. Have already been shopping Svalbard card for this meetup :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

After I have contacted to hotel, I can confirm that we can be up to 30 persons at our meetup.
@Regndroppar @amy666 @Star-Mix-1982 @elbe - I moved you from the waiting list to the participant list :wink: See you next year in November.

5 Likes

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG the best news I have heard for a while, tusen takk @ScandinavianTraveler! If it’s in my power, only a nuclear war can stop me coming!

2 Likes

Wonderful - thanks a lot!!! :smiley:

1 Like

If someone brings a weapon, yes. One shouldn’t hike a mountain, or hike elsewhere outside Longyearbyen without a weapon, but nobody will check it. So it’s technically possible to go for a hike outside Longyearbyen without a weapon, but I would NOT RECOMMEND it at all!

3 Likes

If somebody wants a roommate to share a hotel room for a cheaper price, please contact me. I’ll probably book my hotel in the end of November, I am waiting for possible Black Friday discounts.

I want to join this meeting! :heart_eyes:
Can I do that?

1 Like

Sure, I will put you on our list :slight_smile:

1 Like

To all participants: I created a Microsoft Form for some first preparations for our meetup card next year. I know it is VERY early, but I’d appreciate if you could have a look and answer the three questions :wink: Its in the first post here :slight_smile: I have a friend of mine who is travelling to Longyearbyen in December this year and he can also take some pictures which we can use for our meetup card (in addition to the pictures which I already have)
@Inger71 @KAS @LeishaCamden @pefawm @Hotaru @arcticgirl64 @Katrin1778 @Baguetta @Pelke @postboo @chrisskywalker @carpediemkath @marit_la @TonePost @noodlebamboo @wandafan @kiddy67 @Cartero-57 @Mieke1985 @soundstorm @Norway_girl @Zastia @cutetaiki @Regndroppar @amy666 @Star-Mix-1982 @elbe @systrarnabocker

3 Likes

@ScandinavianTraveler, answers sent. :slight_smile:

I’m not clever enough to find the link…

I found it 30 seconds later…

Where can I find it. Must be stupid not seeing it🙈

Its in the first post :slight_smile:

I answered your question.

1 Like

I just answered - @ScandinavianTraveler: thanks so much for your efforts.
I can’t wait to get there and meet all of you!
And I am already planning to find some geocaches :rofl:.

2 Likes

Already answer :blush: thank you

1 Like

Oh wow… just now noticed this. :slight_smile: Please, put me to the waiting list. It’s practically on my birthday, so it would be a fascinating birthday trip (as I will skip my 50th anniversary celebration this November).

7 Likes

Cool that I am not the only one! It would be nice (but warning, I am still a bit clumsy, as I am a newbie. :smiley: )

1 Like

let’s do it together

1 Like