The most special postcard you ever received

:open_mouth:

Not even secured/stuck together with sellotape?

Nothing! I wonder if stamp was cheaper this way. :thinking:

The most special postcards I have receivedā€¦

A portrait of Adolf Hitler , I was honestly shocked and immediately deleted the uploaded card. Could not see any satire there either.

1 Like

From which country?

From Germany :nauseated_face:

:anguished: oh I did not expected that though XD I do see that in other countries the topic is handled differently but not in Germany XD

1 Like

Omg what?? What did the postcrosser say? Did they write anything related to the picture? Because, you know, if there wasnā€™t anything negative written about him, then the card could very well be a celebratory one, which is extremely weird, if not disheartening. Especially seeing that it comes from Germany (and is addressed to Germany as well)!

I think that, instead of being handled differently, itā€™s just hardly handled at all, which is why itā€™s not as politically incorrect to praise Hitler in some East Asian countries ā€“ thereā€™s simply a lack of awareness of his deeds, or heā€™s just perceived as too far to be relevant. So yeah, I wouldā€™ve been less surprised if the card arrived from places like Taiwanā€¦ but itā€™s really shocking that it was mailed from Germany!

This reminds me of how shocked/surprised I was when I saw Hitlerā€™s ā€œMein Kampfā€ openly displayed/for sale in Syria 10 years ago. I couldnā€™t believe my eyes!

Very simple but heartwarming. Feeling like I can touch somebody who is so far

16 Likes

Was it by chance the Hitler card by Titanic magazine?

I come from a military family so during the Iraq & Afghan wars I joined a group that organized care pkgs for troops. I filled up a box from the post office (they offer a cheaper rate to military addresses) with stuff from the dollar store: paperback books, snacks, toys, toiletries, etc and wrapped it all in Xmas paper with a letter. It must have been delivered right at the holidays and I got a special US Military Operations postcard thanking me.

1 Like

I just received this precious handmade card from a mother and her two boys:

The drawing was made by one of the sons, who was excited about my having pet rats. :relaxed:

Little did he know that my oldest rat, Dashi, passed away in July, and that his drawing would make such a fitting tribute to my sweet boy. I cried when I read the card.

The card is now sitting on my mantle, beside the little box where we keep Dashiā€™s ashes. :heart:

6 Likes