The First Postcard You Have Sent

This is the first postcard I have send but unfortunately it still didn’t arrive to it’s receiver :woman_shrugging:t2: What’s your first postcard you have sent?

10 Likes

I sent my first postcard when I was in elementary school to a children magazine.

As an adult I sent my first 3 postcards when I was in Japan 2 years ago: doraemon card, detective conan card and studio ghibli card. The ghibli one was never arrived until now.

And this is the first address I drew in Postcrossing. It became my 2nd arrived card.

2 Likes

When I was smol I still remember my first postcard. It was to a friend and it was a ‘Wish You Were Here’ kind of card! Lol

On Postcrossing I never took a picture of the one I sent :cry:
It was a fire truck from a local New York station tho.

2 Likes

I’m always taking a picture of the postcard I have send with it’s back.You can start taking now :innocent:

1 Like

My first postcard what I’d send was to a penpal from me to her birthday when we were in our trainings. It must be in 2002 or 2003.

my first Postcrossing card what I’d sent was this one:

Sadly without a picture, but in this time I had not a good smartphone and my camera was an normal analogue :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This was apparently my first card sent for Postcrossing:

At the time, I had no idea how popular map cards were, it was just one of the things I found available in downtown Denver.

3 Likes

I can’t remember the first postcard I ever sent - I know as a kid I used to send postcards from my holidays to my grandparents and my best friend. But from where or when or to whom exactly I sent my very first card … no idea.

That was my very first postcrossing card. Crazy how low the ID was - now we’re approaching 8 digits. :smile:

2 Likes

This was my first, I went to the local post office in my lunch break and was happy to find they actually sold (tourist) postcards. And it arrived in just 2 days, as did my second one.

Looking back over my log, it’s interesting to see how quickly I switched to using cards from my small ‘non tourist’ stash that I had accumulated at random over the years. At first I was surprised that preferences said ‘no multiview’ and ‘no tourist card’ but on reflection it makes sense and I now understand how different people join PX for different reasons.

1 Like

I am too lazy to picture the cards I send. Maybe if I buy special cards from a box series :thinking:

2 Likes

This was the very first PC card I sent:

2 Likes

my first one sent to Switzerland, a postcard showing the Switzerland Pavilion in EXPO 2010 Shanghai,at that time postcard traveled much faster!

4 Likes

This is my first ever sent Postcrossing card:

4 Likes

My first ever received was from Germany with The Bremen Town Musicians :smiley:

3 Likes

Hi, I just checked. My first Postcrossing postcard went to Germanu. It’s a touristic card of my village. You won’t be able to buy them nowadays anymore.

I’ve allways sent postcards as a child when I went for a holiday

3 Likes

My first card sent to Germany. It shows a nice place to go for a hike. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I used to do post crossing a long time ago. Well. I had numerous accounts. Well most have been deleted and others abandoned due to forgotten passwords. So I started a new with this one. I had been gone for so long, that instead of Finland, Germany is now the dominant Postcrossing champion.

Needless to say, my first card, I sent to Germany.

3 Likes

Mine was this. Unfortunately at that time the site did not allow to load pictures and the receiver has never scanned the card. I don’t even remember what it was, a city view of Milan for sure.

1 Like

This is the first postcard I’ve sent.

My first with this account was SE-167741 to Luxembourg. Unfortunately it wasn’t scanned. I didn’t think about scanning the cards first to my couple of the first sent ones are without pic.

I have no idea what was the first sent card on my first, original account, and that has been already long gone :confused: The very first postcard I sent in my life probably was a birthday greeting or postcard from travels. I used to travel a lot when I was in my teens, and was often asked to send postcards. I was also very lazy with writing postcards so I would often send ones with text “it is raining today”, “I am at this place. See the front for more information” or simply “Lol” (a running joke between some friends I had at that time). I really didn’t put much thought on the writing side back then.

2 Likes

This card to Germany was the first postcard I sent.

The funny thing? It was the second one I mailed! The first one I actually mailed out was here in my own country the USA!

https://www.postcrossing.com/travelingpostcard/US-7152020

Gotta hand it to the German post office - they must know their stuff!

2 Likes