Thank you for the Bingo Card - Please put your thank Yous in the Individual Bingo Topics - See Last Post

You can express your thanks in the individual bingo topics to anyone who sends you a congratulations card.
This also helps Bingo hosts to keep track of who sends cards for their Bingos.

We decided in the sandbox that we don’t want to have this topic in the new forum because it is very annoying for hosts to keep track of.

EDIT: Since there are people who like this topic, here is a new poll:

• I prefer to keep the bingo topics and the thank you topic separate
    • I prefer to have the thank yous in the bingo topic
    • This should be optional for certain topics and the host decides
    • I don’t care
    • I have a different idea and I am going to write it below

0 voters

And in this poll, please only participate if you are a bingo host:

• I prefer to keep the bingo topics and the thank you topic separate
      • I prefer to have the thank yous in the bingo topic
      • This should be optional for certain topics and the host decides
      • I don’t care
      • I have a different idea and I am going to write it below

0 voters

2 Likes

I think we agreed on “thank you” posts in the corresponding Bingo topics, didn’t we?

2 Likes

Yes, the overwhelming majority wanted to say thank you in the Bingo topic just like the usage is for Round Robins

1 Like

Well, actually as a long year Bingo host I originally asked for this thank you threat for Bingo (as we have it in the German forum) and as I already said in the sandbox I would prefer to get the thanks here and not in the Bingo topic.

At least in the old forum it sometimes has been a pain to find the real entries among all the other posts.

Hmmm, “we” decided in the Sandbox? Interesting … :thinking: I don’t feel the Sandbox is a proper place to make decisions like that for everyone.

I’m not even a host and I found the thank you posts inbetween the lists and updates quite annoying and disruptive before we had a Thank you thread. Also as a sender I have to check each individual thread to see if my cards have arrived - very cumbersome, if you ask me. You can never be sure that people will remember to write @username when they report a card.

:sweat_smile: And we were annoyed because as a host, you have to scroll through EVERYTHING in order to find the mentions of your bingo. (There hasn’t been a single one for my bingos but I was still forced and am still forced to read everything :sob:)
For bingo participants, in this new forum both versions should be fine since you get a notification whenever someone mentions you… Of course, it could be that someone forgets to write @
I wasn’t around before there was a thank you thread. Did you read the bingo threads then in order to find where someone might have said thank you for your card? In that case, isn’t it also annoying to do the same in the thank you thread and to read lots of thank yous that don’t have anything to do with you? I’m sorry, I’m trying to understand your point… I guess for people who participate in lots of bingos, it is easier to just say thank you for all of the cards in one place?

Maybe those who love this thread in the old forum just weren’t in the sandbox. We could make a new poll?

Or I have another idea, how about we make this a decision for the host? We could make a list at the top of this topic with every bingo where the host is okay with people saying thank you here instead of in the topic itself? Would that be practicable or lead to too much confusion?

That, too. But if you particiapte in a lot of Bingos, you don’t only receive cards, you send quite a few as well. And it’s so much easier to see if they have arrived if they’re in one thread - I can just search for my name in there and see if someone mentioned my cards. I don’t even have to remember which Bingo they were for.

1 Like

So some host were annoyed to scroll through everything in the ‘thank you’ thread, while other hosts were happy about the ‘thank you’ thread. :wink:

I made a new poll :wink:

:joy: Apparently!

As a participant of a lot of Bingos I know that it is easier to report all congratulation cards for several Bingos in one topic, but as I wrote in the sandbox I would like to see the reporting of the cards in the Bingo-Topic.
I host a lot of Bingo and it is easier to look at one time through all posts while updating the stats and the received Congratulation cards together.

Yes, we did and and I would be delighted if we were to maintain this decision.

I did not agree, but then, maybe I should have visited the sandbox more often. Although I probably still would have been overruled seeing the majority here :wink:

Well, maybe the new forum makes this easier, or maybe not.

In my opinion only Bingo hosts should participate in the poll, therefore I won’t vote.

1 Like

That was just my thought too.

I added the rule that only hosts should participate in the poll. But I also think that bingo participants have a right to an opinion in this case as well

as a participant it really doesn’t matter in my opinion. The real difference is for the hosts.

Not everyone has found their way to this forum yet, everything is still possible :wink:

Alright, I made a new poll only for hosts.
You can still participate in the anonymous poll @Cassiopheia :wink:

@Duesseljin @Bille Would you please vote again in the new poll? :innocent: