Text on Postcards Preferences

Personally I love facts on a postcard. I love the “Did you know” postcards and the USA has cards for every State with a picture on one site and lots of text on the other side. I love those, too.

1 Like

Hi
I’ve been wondering about this as well. I have have just had some tourist postcards printed as I can’t get out to buy any (blame Covid) (thanks @ColorfulCourtney).

I like them but wondered if next time I should put the place-name on the front? It’s on the back, like a shop bought card, but I’m trying to ensure that the card is likely to meet the preferences of the largest number of Postcrossers.

1 Like

I love cards with text on the image side! One of my favourite cards was sent from France and featured a picture plus a description of a legend about the pictured beach. I took it to work to show to my colleagues.

1 Like

Glad to help! For tourist cards from my town I always put the name of the place on the image side and then a generic “Greetings” message with our town coat of arms on the writing side. This allows me to use the same writing side for multiple cards, but have the specific location on the image side. For services like MOO where you can have multiple image sides but only one writing side image, this is essential I think. For other services where both sides can be varied, it is still convenient.

1 Like