Mail to China (2022 temporary suspension)

Oh, I understand the situation… Thank you for your careful work!
The tool at the WeChat official account is working. But you can’t use it unless you have a WeChat account. It is hard to register an account with a foreign phone number now.
The only solution maybe is to check it in person from time to time🤣. It takes about 10 minutes to run through these countries. How often should it be examined? As far as I know, the website is updated quite slowly. And the information from this way is very basic-since the temporary suspension cannot be published.

5 Likes

Thanks, I was getting frustrated knowing my cards to China have gone expired yet I was still getting addresses for China- knowing they’d surely meet the same fate.

6 Likes

Exactly, I was suspended for almost a week, because too many cards sent to China were expired. I was trying to explain to the admin that it’s not my fault, but the only answer I got from them that the system will unblock me automatically. But it was not my fault in a first place. This is extremely unfair. Do I want to send cards to China? Not anymore.

13 Likes

The blocking of accounts due to cards not arriving is really upsetting for Postcrossers who do the right thing and always send/register cards when given addresses/ receive cards. When you have been participating in the project for years it is annoying to say the least, to be told by a computer that you are not allowed to take part any more because of a perception that you are doing something wrong.

10 Likes

Looks like the deactivation threshold based on sent traveling cards Sx is much lower than for expected received postcards Rx and does not account for breakdown of destinations.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Questions about the forum

Sometimes, this system is inaccurate - for a while, the cost of sending letters (or parcels) to Russia could not be found in this system, but in fact, mainland China could send things to Russia at that time.

2 Likes

The good news is I received 4 postcards since July.
One is from Netherlands.Traveled 51 days.
one is from Russia.Traveled 52 days.
one is from Czech Republic.Traveled 55 days.
one is from German.Traveled 59 days.
I believe it will return to normal soon.

8 Likes

If there are temporary mail suspensions to China within Postcrossing, does that include tags and round robin activity?

I echo the sentiments of previous posters who have expressed frustration of receiving Chinese addresses knowing that postcards are not arriving in a timely fashion.

1 Like

No, it’s only for the official part.

3 Likes

Finally got two postcards from China yesterday!! Both sent back in April. They’re a little worn, but they arrived. Out of Shanghai’s lockdown. Made me feel optimistic about my expired cards and those I sent in direct exchanges.

9 Likes

Hopefully it will clear up soon. Best wishes to everyone

1 Like

3 of my cards reached to Germany within about 24 days!! Situation is getting better!

This about China Post not delivering mail to Chinese members, not outgoing mail from China.

6 Likes

I see. I hope it get back to normal soon. Did your postcards reach to Chinese members recently?

1 Like

Yes, I had one last month that arrived in China within 60 days, not expired.

No, mine have not, unfortunately. Still waiting and hoping!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that:( I guess your card’s destination is in southern China? And I saw your profile you sent 156 but only received 126, does it mean there are many cards lost in traveling?(I’m new here so… )

Nothing from last 5 months has reached China :disappointed::disappointed:. I hope that eventually everyone receives their cards :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

No, I don’t have many lost in travelling! However, all of mine to China are lost in travelling, one hundred percent.

That imbalance is because I went on inactive mode 90 days before I moved to ensure that no cards sent to me were lost. I will reactivate when I am securely at my new address in August. I am still sending! Just not receiving.

One of the issues compounding the China issue is that each card that expires generates a new card for the recipient, so each person who sent one card from China can likely receive two cards when the post begins delivery again. For example, if I have five expired cards to China, that is actually ten for the recipents since their address went back into the pool at day 60. So the problem actually grew, maybe doubled, as delivery slowed down.

But I can see the person I sent one to in Beijing has recently received a card! So I am excited about that, maybe her mail is being delivered.

4 Likes