18 June 2022 - Providence, RI Meetup on the Hill

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Providence, RI, USA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Blue State Coffee at ~315 Thayer St.
:calendar: DATE: June 18th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00 PM
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Hello everyone!

Well, I’m coming back to Rhode Island for the summer. And what a better way to celebrate by hosting a meetup. So, here I am!

As for what to do, we’ll sign postcards and exchange Postcrossing stories. Bring your supplies, stamps, and other things you’d like to exchange/show off. All are welcome!

UPDATES:

• We’ll be at the Blue State Coffee on Thayer St. We’ll sign postcards and talk about mail. Afterwards, we can walk around, buy some local postcards, and take an informal tour of Brown University.
  • Speaking of the university, Brown has decided that everyone on campus must wear masks indoors. Please bring a mask in case we end up going indoors in one of thier facilities.
  • The hill can be a bit of a hassle when it comes to parking. There’s a visitors parking lot on Brooks St, another on Power St. and some metered spaces around (usual empty ones near the Science Christ Church around Meeting St.).

Looking forward to seeing you there!

6 Likes

Very cool! It’s great to see another Meetup in RI.
I’m definitely interested. I’ll let you know if I’ll be able to attend as we get closer.

Feel free to send me an email. :slight_smile:

Ashley

Also want to point out - if you go north around the top of where Thayer and Hope meet, there’s plenty of street parking around Hope High School and various side-streets. Busses also drop off near the tunnel on Thayer next to starbucks. -a local

Will be there if I can! :+1:

1 Like

At this point, I am attending your event. If anything changes, I will let you know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I just finalized everything. We’re all set. Please RSVP above!

1 Like

Quick Update: Here’s the postcard design!

3 Likes

theJCAtx: hello from Southern California at the other end of the US. Of course I will not be able to attend your meetup this Saturday 06/18. I do like the card. If anyone would like to send me the meetup card, I would gladly send them a meet up card from my neck of the woods. You may have them DM me. Thanks. -Gmansocal

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it tomorrow. If I don’t make it, would you be able to send me one of those beautiful Meetup postcards?

1 Like

Aw, that’s ok. Keep us posted if anything changes.

PM me your address and I’ll get a card out to you! :slight_smile:

I’m here! Just find the guy in the blue shirt sitting next to the window with a stack of postcards!

@bluedecemberart are you going to make it today?

Unfortunately I had to go to Boston last-minute today instead. That’s 2 I’ve missed now - so frustrating! How late will you all be there?

1 Like

Here for a while! I’ll be in the cafe until 3:30ish, but I’ll be on campus to fill out postcards all day.

Call it a delayed show up :grinning:

can we swap