29 April 2023 - Pensacola, Florida Meetup

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Pensacola, Florida
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Flounders on Pensacola Beach
:calendar: DATE: April 29, 2023
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:00
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Talk, exchange postcards, postcard signing

Let’s meet at Flounders and have lunch and exchange post cards and ideas. Afterwards we can go next door to Alvin’s Island and buy some postcards. If anyone wants to see more postcards, we can go a mile down the street to Geronimo’s Outpost and see what they have too.

I have been making some postcards and would be willing to trade for some other postcards or stamps or washi tape or such if you have things you would like to trade.

Flounder’s address: 800 Quietwater Beach Rd, Pensacola Beach, FL 32561

Fort Pickens is about 15 miles from there, but I know they have postcards and it is pretty fun to see. I don’t know if we will want to go there as a group, but I want to make sure you know about it in case you want to make a day of your trip.

4 Likes

I will definitely plan on attending! I organized what I called a Northwest Florida meetup at Navarre Beach this past Sept. It was fun and I’ll do another in 2023. Send me a PM if you want any info.

3 Likes

Yes, I am definitely interested. I hosted one in MS earlier this year, and attended the very nice one in Navarre, too. I would absolutely attend, as long as my “part time job” doesn’t conflict. Thanks!

1 Like

I would love to attend! I live in Pensacola and missed the last one that was held in the area. Thank you for doing this!

1 Like

Hi! I was hoping you would see this post and want to attend! I got your Australia postcard - Thank you and I’m so jealous! And, I’m so far behind on everything and blaming it on the holidays! Merry Christmas!
Tanya

Wouldn’t miss it - I finally have my “Wynnie” stamp, too. Can’t wait to try it out! Glad you got the card. There are so few Postcrossers in New Zealand, that I went on travel mode 3 weeks before the trip so my cards would all be delivered and I could send a lot as a “guest Kiwi”. I ended up being able to send 12 from there. Definitely go some day. It’s beautiful (but the flight is looooooooooong).

I would love to join this meetup in Pensacola or anywhere in the Florida Panhandle! My work schedule is really tough to get around but with enough advanced notice, I likely could make it!

I’d love to join too, but would also need advance notice.
Thanks!

I would love to go!

1 Like

Will try to come!

I’ve just decided on location and time. See if it works for you and RSVP.
Can’t wait to meet y’all!

I’ve been a member since 2007 and have never been to a postcrossing meet-up. I live in Pensacola and am very interested.

3 Likes

Coming from Louisiana! Sounds fun!

1 Like

I would love to go i just don’t know with our schedule to make it over there. I would love to do one in Louisiana. I dont know where to meet up and how to organize the group.

1 Like

Come if you can - would love to have you!
This is my first meetup too. I didn’t find any around me, so I made one! You can too - I’ll come to yours!

1 Like

I’m excited to have a meetup so close to home - I’ll be there!

That means you’ll be driving right through my town. Be sure to wave when you pass Ocean Springs! And see ya there!

1 Like

@seeplaces - I went as a guest to my first meet-up in Houston. After that, I was able to set up my own. There are two Forum threads that help you do it: The Meet-ups thread, and the use of the Postcrossing Logo thread. You’ll probably find after going to one that it’s very “doable”. If you do one in LA (east), I’ll try to make it! :smiley:

I love Ocean Springs! Such a wonderful little hamlet.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Charlyne, for setting this up. I did get lucky and the date and place you picked doesn’t conflict with my work schedule, so I’ll be there. And I will bring “swapping stuff”, as well (cards, stickers, washi). Plus, this is the first meetup I’m going to after having my stamp made!