Sleepy Hollow Souvenirs
80 S Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591

:calendar: DATE:

Saturday, April 30, 2022

:alarm_clock: TIME:

12:30PM ET

:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow

Tarrytown is a village in the town of Greenburgh in Westchester County, New York, famous for Washington Irving’s “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” It is located on the eastern bank of the Hudson River, approximately 25 miles north of Midtown Manhattan in New York City, and is served by a stop on the Metro-North Hudson Line.

Come join us as we take a short stroll up S Broadway in the cosy town of Tarrytown and search for postcards and souvenirs, before sitting down at a local coffee shop to sign and write cards. The actual walk should take no more than 10-15 minutes, on mostly flat ground. See map info below. We’ll be within walking distance of the Tarrytown Metro North station!

Agenda

I haven’t been to these shops, so we’ll see if they have interesting postcards. We’ll meet at the first shop and wait/shop for about 15 minutes for everyone to show up, and start walking to the rest of the shops. I expect we’ll sit down at the cafe around 1:30PM to start signing postcards and swapping cards.

• Sleepy Hollow Souvenirs - 80 S Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591 - Website
  • Bella’s Boutique - 35 N Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591 - Website
  • Transom Bookshop - 23 Main St, Tarrytown, NY 10591 - Website
  • Muddy Water Coffee & Cafe - 52 Main St, Tarrytown, NY 10591 - Website

This meetup itself is free to attend. However I’m requesting that attendees purchase a small drink or pastry at the cafe as we’ll be talking up space there for some time.

Things to bring
Feel free to bring your writing tools of choice, signature stamps, postcards for swapping, decorative stamps and stickers, etc. This is the perfect chance to swap out or give away those cards you haven’t found the perfect recipient for!

There will be a meetup card; I’ll have a limited number of postcards to hand out. Additional cards are can be ordered, at cost. Please message me at least 2 weeks prior to the meetup to arrange.

Please RSVP if you’re expecting to come, so I can get a general head count. :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you!

7 Likes

@cabanafred @Livletliv @RockyRoadTrip I’m not sure if any of you will be available, but it would be fun to get together again! :smiley:

I wish I could, it was so much fun – right now I’m dealing with a bunch of family problems, but who knows? Maybe by fall it could work out. Not sure what timeframe you’re thinking might work. Thanks for putting out the call!

1 Like

hi, i like your meetup postcard :smile: can we swap?
i offer this one, stamped and signed by partecipants at meetup in rapallo (italy) on 9th april:

please let me know, thank you very much :smile:

1 Like

Ah, life happens. I’ll be sending lots of positive thoughts your way. I’m happy to coordinate a fall meetup, you can let me know when things settle down. :slightly_smiling_face:

Oh darn it! I’m a new Hudson Valley Postcrosser and would love to join a meetup but I’ll be away on vacation that week. I’ll keep my eyes open for a future date. Have fun!

1 Like

Welcome to Postcrossing Paula :tada: I’ll definitely plan more events but I moved up to the Pok area just before the pandemic and I don’t know the area too well yet. I’m hoping covid cases go down so I’ll be able to go out more and scout locations for meetups :smile:

Thanks. I came back to the Poughkeepsie area just after the pandemic hit but I lived here for a long time before going elsewhere for a while. I’d be happy to brainstorm meeting locations with you at some point.

1 Like

Thank you … I’m feeling cautiously optimistic that a fall date could work. Hope so!

1 Like

I would love to attend. I have never attended a meetup. Really excited.

2 Likes

I wonder if we could start some kind of Tri-State Postcrossers group, maybe on facebook or something, where we can discuss dates and gauge interest in regular (maybe seasonal or bi-monthly) meetups? (Edit: maybe a long, ongoing thread in the North America forum?)

I’d be happy to co-host but I have no idea if there would be enough interest to do something of the sort. I hadn’t been to any meetups when I used to live in NYC.

2 Likes

Can we swap

1 Like

@stefbot75 @Deeske1974 please send me your addresses and I will add them to my outgoing list for the 4/30 meetup :smile:

1 Like

It’s a great idea to have some kind of planning space! I’m also on FB and happy to join a group there, or to participate on a thread in the NA community, or whatever works best for the most people.

I’m willing to be part of planning & co-hosting. But I will say that I’m a pretty new Postcrosser who’s never been to a Postcrossing meetup (except one virtual one). And my gypsy feet may end up pulling me to a traveling lifestyle again at some point (with plenty of notice, I hope).

1 Like

Hi @paperglo
I am planning to attend this meetup and I am looking forward to it!
I shopped at Bella’s Boutique a few years ago, they had some amazing Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow postcards. One of them even became one of my most liked postcards.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! I lived in NYC too (spent 8 years there), but I hadn’t been to any meetups either. Let me know if you need help with this project. I don’t know how many postcrossers regularly visit the forum, but I am a member of a French-speaking Postcrossing group on Facebook, and it is very very active.

1 Like

I would love a tri-state group to plan monthly/bimonthly meetings! Let me know if you end up creating one!

2 Likes

I am so excited for this meet-up! I live in NYC, but I am nearby for school, so it would be wonderful to see a Tri-state group forming!

1 Like

Dang that work commitment thing. My library is doing a Bridgerton Tea Party which I am co-hosting on April 30.

If possible, I would like to swap the meet-up card. For my meet-up, there will be a display of Postcrossing meet-up cards from around the world. Any meet-up from anyone’s virtual or in-person meet-up I will swap for so this display has more countries represented.

1 Like

Hi
I wonder if there is any meet up postcard still available for purchase for attendees, thanks.

1 Like