[TALK] In ENGLISH - Visitors Corner

I agree with everything @Cassiopheia and @Bille already wrote.

In addition I’d like to share my thoughts which I had when doing my first lottery in the new forum, and suddenly there were several users from foreign countries joining.

First I was surprised. How did they find my lottery? Do they browse all communities to see where to get a free card? But then I noticed: it’s because the structure of the forum changed. If you log in you’re able to see every new thread in every subforum or any community, you don’t have to browse for them.
Riddle solved!

And then I must admit, I was a little hesitant because I did that lottery within the German forum on purpose.

My reasons were:

1. I wanted to spread joy within “my” community and connect with users I at least know by name and have “met” in some threads.
  2. I wanted to save postage… ( although I was willing to send cards to users from Switzerland or Austria - reason is filed under #1 )
  3. Although my English is really good, sometimes I want to write in German.
  4. Some of my lottery cards only made sense for people who speak German, e.g. when there’s a quote on it or a cartoon.

If I do a lottery in the international part of the forum, I know what I’m in for: I will only know a few of the users who take part, I’ll take in account that my cards will require the postage for international mail, I’ll write in English and I won’t send cards with something written in German on front.

4 Likes

Need help in learning German language! My son is 13 years old and is studying German at school. I want to help him, to interest him… My wife and I learned English at school, as did 90% of other Russian students. If you want to help, I would be very grateful. If there are students aged 13-15 who will be interested in communicating with a Russian boy-we are waiting for you! And maybe adults will want to take patronage over him?) His main hobby outside of school is football, he plays professionally, the captain of the team of our city.

Hello! Need some help… I look for one book (Karin Sagner : Renoir und seine Frauen). Maybe someone from Germany has got it at home… I need some information from there. Please, send me private message if anybody could help. Thank you!

[Need help] I’m a Chinese Postcrossers and have heard that there was a Beethoven stamp by the Germany post office few days ago. Since Beethoven is my favorite composer(I love all of his sonatas! Especially the Appassionata, a therese, and pathetique!), is that possible to find someone who could send me a postcard with the Beethoven stamp? I have some random Chinese stamps/max cards/maybe the Chinese post office new year card to swap. Send me private message if anybody could help. Thank you!
[Update: Got it! Thank you:D:D]

2 Likes

The Beethoven stamp was already issued in February 2020 I think, and the classic stamps have already been sold out for a while (you can still order the self-adhesive ones). Just to let you know that it might be hard to find someone that still has one. I ran out of them last summer.

the mini sheet looks like this:

1 Like

Really? It says “Artikel lieferbar” here at least for the sheet of ten classic stamps: https://shop.deutschepost.de/250-geburtstag-ludwig-van-beethoven-briefmarke-zu-0-80-eur-10er-bogen

2 Likes

You’re right - I meant the "mini"sheet :see_no_evil:

Oh wow thank you for the information! I just want the stamp itself lol Not really a stamp collector.

Hi there everyone!

I am looking for people from Germany who would like to send a postcard to a friend of mine in the Netherlands.

My friend just signed up to Postcrossing 2 weeks ago and has sent out her max traveling cards but hasn’t gotten any back yet. She and her young daughter are very excited about their new hobby. They had selected, wrote and decorated the cards together (her daughter is 10 and is learning English).

Anyway I am just so excited for them and feel bad that they’re still waiting for their first card. Although to be honest, mine also took 3 weeks to arrive. But I figure with a child, enthusiasm disappears much faster than with an adult.

If interested, please PM me and I will send you their address. And if you give me yours, I will send a thank you card back.

Update: Apr 1 [CLOSED] Thank you all for helping out and for those who have PMed me recently. My friend has now received more than enough cards to get started and her official cards are moving along nicely. We will be politely declining any new requests to swap.

2 Likes

I am into it :slight_smile: I will send a message!

Is it important that they come from Germany? Iam from Austria and would like to help :blush::two_hearts:

No that isn’t important. Sending you a PM :slight_smile:

Hallo zusammen! :wave:

Today I got an email from a German postcrosser, saying they’re looking to buy maxicards to send to people, but can’t seem to find them at their local post office. Is there a special corner of Deutsche Post’s website that I can send them to? Or perhaps another website you know of? Or are all maxicards in Germany “homemade”?

Any tips or help would be appreciated!

It’s more complicated. You can only get them with a subscription (and on special events from the Erlebnisteam:Briefmarken).

You may point to this topic: [FRAGEN und ANTWORTEN] und [HILFE]

2 Likes

If they don’t mind to get older (but unused) maxicards then eBay is always a good resource to buy them. I purchased a lot of them at eBay in the past years and they were always very welcome.

I often buy here complete volumes of a year (is that the right word for “Jahrgänge”?)

https://www.briefmarken-muenzen-shop.de/search?as_cid=0&q=maximumkarten

Thank you so much for all your help! :pray: I’ll forward them your suggestions, and hopefully they’ll be able to find a way to get them. Hurray!

1 Like

I wrote some cards yesterday, most of them going to Germany and one to Switzerland. I’m now 80% certain that I wrote Germany on the Swiss card too. Is it likely that the German post will forward it to the right country?

You cannot know… but in my experience, post offices really do their best to forward it to the right destination, even with wrong or missing parts in the address. If it’s to a well known town / city rather than a really tiny village chances are higher.