Tags Discussions + Proposing new Tags

Hello dear @yudi,

I have opened the tag on the new forum .
The “legacy / old forum” is now a read-only archive and can no longer be used.

https://forum.postcrossing.com/viewthread.php?tid=129973

I (as a moderator) can no longer open the topics. Tags that are still on the old forum can be opened as a new tag. Not all members are online regularly. Regarding the tag, started by you, this member has not been online for at least a month with regard to the forum.

You’re the first member to be tagged .

Kind regards,
Jette, moderator

1 Like

Thank you @JetteLise

1 Like

Hello Natasha, it seems there are already a couple of people interested in your idea. Maybe you would like to open a poll in Vote on new tags? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks, Sanneke! I`m a newbie in the forum, I didnt figure out how to do that :thinking:

upd. I figured it out :slightly_smiling_face: I would like to have your opinions on this topic in Vote on new tags

1 Like

The last tagger in New Request Tag, Will You Send Me Tag, and Wishlist Tag is the same person. These 3 tags have rule “you are not allowed to tag in here of you are the last person in another request/wishlist tag”

Dear Yudi,

You can flag a post / member.

See the information here :

Reporting a Post (aka Flags)

Members can report a post by a flag.
( Like “reporting a post” by u2u , regarding the old forum . )

Warm regards,
Jette

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this? I suggest a “Homemade bookmark tag”(you send the bookmark in an envelope). And maybe people can offer suggestions of ideas for the bookmark that will be sent to them. I know there is a bookmark tag, but I’m not sure if it includes homemade, creative bookmarks or if there was a tag similar to the one I am suggesting on the old forum.

Hello. I have been wondering if there’s a way to distinguish a straight postcard (picture) tag topic from other topics like “happy mail” or fun tags that are based on what’s written on the card (“the book I’m reading” or other creative writing tags). Not sure if that would require sorting threads and creating a new Games & Activities > Tag (Picture) vs Tag (Writing) - I don’t see a way to sort topics by any type of filter in the forum or that would maybe be the easiest way.

Anyway, perhaps I’m alone in wishing for this ability. Sometimes I just want to send postcards based on pictures and other times I’m hunting for those creative writing/back of the card based tags.

Just musings. :smiley:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Please go to this poll of the aerogram Tag!

As far as I know, they plan to enable “tags” one of these days, like little labels that you can assign to topics and then use for searching. It might be that they include tags that can be used in a way that you are looking for, I don’t know. I also don’t know when these tags are going to be enabled. :woman_shrugging: In the old forum, there was a distinction between “postcard tags” and “tags - other items”, I expect there to be at least tags for these two so that we can filter the tag games which are all at the same place at the moment.

Ok, that’s good to know. I wasn’t even sure if i was the only one wishing for this function.

Speaking of which, I’ve just activated the tags (aka labels) on the forum, for the trades and games sections for now. You can see the list of available tags here: https://community.postcrossing.com/tags

These can be added to new topics as they’re being created, or edited by admins and TL3s. If you’re a forum “regular”, please do help us go over the topics in this section, so that all of them can be labeled — this is done by clicking the little pencil next to a topic title. You can use up to 3 labels per topic.

4 Likes

We have sport tags (aka labels) but we don’t actually have sport tag. We only have Sport and Stadium RR. Anybody interested in sport tag?

In the sport tag you can send:

• sport stadium
  • Olympic, World Cup, sport event from your country
  • sport person/team
  • ad card for sport event
  • mascot of sport club
  • etc related to sport

Can I open the vote?

2 Likes

Yes dear @yudi, please open a vote :trophy: :badminton: :ice_skate: :diving_mask: :soccer: :softball: :field_hockey: :badminton: :goal_net: :man_cartwheeling: :surfing_woman: :swimming_man: :dancer: :running_woman: :snowboarder: :1st_place_medal: :2nd_place_medal: :3rd_place_medal:

1 Like

@LC-Canada Do you refer to the example of a photo put into the envelope? It seems rather clear for me that nobody is obliged to include extras like that. Do you suggest to explicitly forbid extras to be put into the envelope?

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. Maybe the usage of letter vs. envelope should be clearer. :thinking:

Any chance we could make the 28 day subject list an option instead of mandatory? With lockdowns happening so much everywhere, it’s not so possible to go & get things at a store easily - there are some days listed, where I couldn’t meaningfully participate other than just to make stuff up which isn’t really the point eh?

Isn’t the main point just to write to someone every day? I think more people could participate if the subject list was optional.

The idea is to have a different theme each time a day, or to get closer to it.
If the person isn’t inspired by a particular day, they’ll tag someone the next day.
It’s not necessarily the idea of buying something, but of sharing what we already have about our country.
I edited the rules to allow a bit of a theme to expand on the day.

1 Like

Can you make it clearer, that it’s just a theme to write about and that you don’t have to add gifts/objects/things beyond that because it sounds like you do now in order to participate.

Both your examples talk about putting things in the envelope beyond just writing on the theme, thanks!

You can read the principle of the February challenge on lettermo.com
It can be an added newspaper article, an advertisement …