Sun science stamps, weird

Hi @ZoeZaiko and welcome to Postcrossing. You’re right, this site is about sending and receiving postcards, not collecting. I think most members here would say the message is the important part of the exchange. And many postcrossers won’t mind one bit what postage you use, as long as it’s the proper amount.

But I’ve seen the process described elsewhere on the forum something like, the postcard is a bowl of ice cream, awesome in itself; a delightful message with decorations or what have you is extra sauce and cream and sprinkles; and beautiful stamps are the cherry on top. So think of this thread as some connoisseurs discussing how artfully they can place the cherry!

And for what it’s worth, this thread caught my eye because I received a card yesterday with two of these stamps—they made a nice pair and I could even still read the postmark :wink:

1 Like

I would LOVE to have some of these (Chippendale chair)! Do you have any that you’d like to share?! For other stamps or postcards?:raising_hand_woman:t3::wink:

I don’t have any, unfortunately! I don’t even know when they were available; I haven’t actually seen them in person.

1 Like

I saw them a few years ago, but haven’t seen them in the website in a long time.
Thanks for responding!
Have a terrific weekend!

1 Like

Check at your local post office, and ask if they have any 4¢ stamps. Out here in the California Bay Area some PO still have some left over. Our Postcrossing club bought some up in anticipation of the price rise.

1 Like

When I saw the Sun Science stamps online I thought they were so cool - I bought 100 of them. When they arrived, I realized I didn’t like them that much. The iridescent lettering is very subtle, and the suns don’t seem to be that bright against the large, black background border. So far, I’ve been trying to dress them up, for instance, I had a yellow envelope, so I put the yellow-orange sun stamp on it to color blend. Haven’t sent any on postcrossing so far.

I like the aesthetic of the sun science stamps, but they’re nearly twice the size of the stamps I normally use, so it’s a bit hard to fit several on one card. Still, I think it would be cool to send a space or constellation themed postcard with these stamps.

And speaking of the sun science stamps…

Scientist apologizes after posting image of star that was actually sausage (yahoo.com)

1 Like

I love these :blush: