Stand with Ukraine stamp series

great example, thanks! <3

Lithuania’s postal service will issue a stamp supporting Ukraine on May 6th.

32 Likes

It’s so lovely :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

I’m writing a letter today to Canada Post and Chrystia Freeland, Deputy PM.

Hungary put this out on March 30th:
https://posta.hu/aktualitasok/felaras_belyeggel_is_segiti_az_ukran_menekultek_ellatasat_a_posta_202220330

“egymásért” means “for each other”

8 Likes

Good idea!

Moldova has also just issued a “Moldova for Peace” stamp: MOLDPRES News Agency - MOLDOVA FOR PEACE postage stamp launched

Central African Republic has also issued a stamp + minisheet:

22 Likes

And Sierra Leone too… including some quite odd minisheets with celebrities:

15 Likes

And now… the prize for the weirdest issue goes to Madagascar :woman_shrugging::

Not sure what they were thinking here…

Edit: interestingly, it looks like there are quite a few illegal stamps issued for Madagascar, so perhaps this is in fact an illegal issue, which would make sense as the quality of the design/ photo is terrible

4 Likes

Would a national postal service issue such a cheeky theme about a non-national?

1 Like

To be honest, I’m not entirely convinced that the CAR or Sierra Leone issues are genuine either, but they are quite nice designs… Maybe a philatelist can confirm?

The Moldova one is definitely genuine as there’s a press release from the country’s postal authority as well :grinning:

1 Like

Dear all,

I completely forgot to mention that the Stand with Ukraine Round Robin has started! Please join if you have not yet! :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

And then there are more stamps announced, please see my other post

I would consider that the Madagascar, Sierra Leone and CAR issues are not issued by the postal administrations of these countries. A company called Stamperija has bought the rights to issue the stamps of some countries and these are not even sold in the countries whose name appear on the stamps, but are sold directly to (mostly thematic) collectors. So the current situation is a golden opportunity for the company to make money out of Ukraine’s misery. I personally would not waste my money on them.

9 Likes

Czech Post released a limited edition stamp sheet today “as a recognition of Ukraine and Ukranian heroes”. It is a standard stamp sheet with Ukrainian flag addition.

20 Likes

New stamps issues now. @s0nata You can update your RR now.

1 Like

New stamps issue from Canada and LU

Here’s the Canada stamp, announced May 19 - Vyshyvanka Day in Ukraine - for release on July 7th. Also, a first day cover stamp/envelope.
It is domestic rate, but other denominations can be added for US and international mail. If I were sending it internationally, I would use 3 on a card or envelope.

Canada Post website.

14 Likes

Ukraine Post (Ukrposhta) is planning to release a 3rd stamp since Russia’s invasion. The stamps topic will be"Good Evening, We Are From Ukraine!". Ukraine Post is accepting votes from interested persons from around the world to choose a design on this theme for the 3rd issue. Of the about 1500 submissions received, there is a choice between 5 designs. Below are images of these final 5 designs and the vote can be registered on the official Ukraine Post Facebook page. Voting will close on 15 June, and the stamp is scheduled to be released in July.

Can any one translate the words on that picture?

7 Likes

According to Google Translate, they all say exactly the same, “Good evening, we are from Ukraine!”

Thanks for providing the info. I’m going to vote for the Ukrainian tractor pulling the tank!

By the way, the link to the Facebook page is Укрпошта

2 Likes