[Stamps] UK stamps, prices, Royal Mail & Post Office matters

The Commonwealth Stamps opinion blog has details up for Iron Maiden… and also umm, comment. Commonwealth Stamps Opinion: 2223. 🇬🇧 Ugly, Vile Designs Make Up Royal Mail’s First Issue Of 2023 Featuring Iron Maiden.

2 Likes

Iron Maiden
Issued: 12th January 2023
imageimage
imageimage

1 Like

They’re not sitting on the fence, are they? :rofl:

4 Likes

I picked up the stamp calendar from a post office today. They said that they were surprised they had them in before the end of the year! Bagged two calendars, one I promptly dropped in to a mostly board game shop that also sells a range of Warhammer stuff!

I received a postcard from Germany today that took 28 days to get to me. Still waiting for a Christmas present to arrive that was sent within the UK!

1 Like

Yesterday I received an RR card which was posted c.18 December and a BITE posted c.29 December. The topsy turvy postal world we live in at the moment.

2 Likes

I’ve just registered two postcards from Germany dated 28th December, and yet Christmas Cards & postcards from within the UK from before Christmas are turning up,

I don’t know how it works :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Oh dear, my boyfriend is an Iron Maiden fan. Would anyone be willing to swap with me? I’ll send something (I have maxicards, a great variety of Finnish stamps from the 90s till 2022) to the swapper and the swapper sends a card an IM stamp(s) to my bf. :slight_smile: PM me if someone is interested. :postbox: Happy New Year! :fireworks: :uk:

I knew I was due a lot of postcards… and today they arrived. I’ve never had 12 delivered on the same day before. I doubt I’ll get them all registered today. Anyway, I’m pleased that the backlog from the strike seems to be being dealt with.

6 Likes

Have you ever been inactive or in travel mode for period longer than a month? Then worked up a deficit of about 20 postcards,

You’ll get something like 20 in one hit afterwards, and then some :grimacing:

Postie is going to love you

4 Likes

I’ve just come off inactive after moving house and worked up a deficit of 50+ cards. I got 15 official cards today! I also have 5 that arrived yesterday to register so that’s my evening sorted :heart_eyes::postbox::smiley:

4 Likes

It’s not just me then! I usually get up to 10 a day if I’m active on the forum but it’s been really slow recently. Today i got 48!! :astonished:

9 Likes

Gasp!

1 Like

It will take me a long time to thank everyone!!

1 Like

New Issue: Iron Maiden (12th January 2023)

1 Like

Don’t forget these!

Miniature Sheet

1 Like

Lots of cards arrived this week including 2 officials from Germany in 3 days !

4 Likes

Service update: 11th of January 2023
Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. We strongly recommend that you temporarily hold any export mail items while we work to resolve the issue. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing

Our import operations continue to perform a full service, with some minor delays. Parcelforce Worldwide export services are still operating to all international destinations though customers should expect delays of one to two days

Our teams are working around the clock to resolve this disruption and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We immediately launched an investigation into the incident and we are working with external experts. We have reported the incident to our regulators and the relevant security authorities.

2 Likes

Yes, I just read about this on BBC News. I only have one postcard to post. Hopefully this will be resolved before Saturday when I’m next going out. But it’s going to cause even more delays, after Christmas and the strikes.

2 Likes

I just saw it on BBC news too and came here to share! Not sure whether they’ll update the article when there’s an update:

2 Likes