[Stamps] UK stamps, prices, Royal Mail & Post Office matters

I had a glance at my stats and realised that back in 2016 GB-799044 took five days to get to New Zealand! I hadn’t been Postcrossing long (it was my 17th sent card) so at the time I had no idea how amazing that was!

6 Likes

Wow, that is incredibly fast! When you think a card can easily take that long within the UK with a 1st class stamp…

3 Likes

I’ve not sent any cards to New Zealand but the 1 card received took 43 days…

1 Like

Letter sent economy to Australia posted 26th March arrived 12th April.

4 Likes

I sent 3 cards about two weeks ago using International Economy. 1 to Japan and 2 to the USA. 1 of the USA ones took 8 days the other 2 are still travelling. I also sent to China over a month ago but that went airmail as China is slow at the best of times. I have now invested in a label printer so that if i get an address in Chinese/Cyrillic i can print it off now. Previously i had to handwritten the addresses in English due to the fact i use a mobile to do postcrossing.

2 Likes

Hi all. A couple of questions.
First, can I use two of the below stamps for a postcard to the Netherlands?
Also, do you think people would mind if I use Xmas stamps? I’ve got quite a lot of them and would rather use them up before buying new international stamps! Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi @CeceLou! In answer to your queries - 1. Yes, but you’re overpaying! 2xfirst class = 2.70, postcard to Europe =2.50. What I and lots of others would do is 1 first, 1 second and 30p but you obviously would need the right stamps to hand. 2. I would be fine about using Xmas stamps unless the recipient has said they don’t like them or if it is obviously culturally delicate, like to a country with an official religion that is not Christian.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

You can use 2 of these yes.
You will be paying 20p too much at current prices but you may be okay with that as you bought them at the old prices and haven’t actually overpaid. Enjoy !

4 Likes

Thank you both, that’s very helpful!!

2 Likes

Sent my first two postcards international economy to see how long they take, I’ll let you know. One to Canada & the other to the USA.

8 Likes

Yay welcome to the economy club lol @MartynHst43277 :rofl:

6 Likes

My first time using international economy reached china in NINETEEN days! :astonished:

17 Likes

That’s impressive! :blush: x

3 Likes

New stamps arrived…
Quite like these - they aren’t too huge

14 Likes

Received mine too Tracy, I also got the collector’s sheet which I think was worth the extra £1.20.

5 Likes

I think I preordered more but they don’t seem to send all in 1 envelope…

2 Likes

So this came today ! 75p second class
No surcharge or anything !

6 Likes

Look at these recent travel times, all (except the one to Russia) sent by international economy. Ironic that the one that took the longest was to a country that we would probably think is quick, the US.

8 Likes

If you’d rather not faff about with lots of low value stamps I’d be happy to buy them off you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, that’s quicker than sending to China at the normal more expensive rate!

1 Like