[Stamps] UK stamps, prices, Royal Mail & Post Office matters

I used too have that problem, then my payment card was blocked, I called them, placed the order over the phone, they then fixed the bug, now RM stamps website, is one of the smoothest.

Although the same cannot be said for their App!

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve had this happen too :frowning:

1 Like

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/stamps

Just seen on this page about stamps the picture used by Royal Mail is a non-barcoded stamp…

Wonder why this hasn’t been updated. It’s not like it would be hard to take a photo of a new stamp on an envelope…

2 Likes

Browsed the Postmarks bulletin for this month.

"
Please note that the January Postmarks Bulletin will not be issued until 5th January 2024 to allow the
inclusion of the 2024 Special Stamp issue Programme."

3 Likes

Or they could just announce what next year’s stamps will be :grin:

I’ve been convinced for a while that RM are saving up my mail & delivering it in batches, seems I was correct x

5 Likes

There’s a video on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oMmDL0XO3I

4 Likes

Letters should not have been privatised :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I was wondering why my local social media groups were all talking about the posties today with two different ones saying that their postman had said unofficially that this was happening.

I’ve been getting massive piles of post once or twice a week and sometimes there’s been surprises in there — like Uk postcards taking two weeks to get here or ones from abroad sent in October.

Meanwhile, I ordered some fabric the other day for a new project and it arrived literally the next day. I ordered it after midday and it had to be packaged and posted across England while my postcard going two miles up the road took almost a week lol.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing, such an interesting video. I’ve really noticed this over the last month or so, I get post about once or twice a week now, and in a huge stack, it never used to be like that.

1 Like

There’s a comment on Norvic’s blog saying they’ve seen the stamps… zigazig here we come!!!

2 Likes

Zigazig oh no! :weary:

2 Likes

I love this news! :tada: But sorry for everyone who’s not so pleased! But I really wasn’t planning on buying any more stamps any time soon, so here’s (slightly) hoping they don’t quite live up to my aesthetic criteria and I can keep on saving my money!! (Or maybe just buy the PHQs instead…)

4 Likes

A certain auction site has them up already!!! Concert pics!

2 Likes

How would they have got them early? x

3 Likes

If they are a stamps / covers dealer, they can be sent the stamps early to give them time to prepare designs, make sure they have stocks, etc.

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: x

1 Like

Ooh, all 1st Class, glad I’ve got plenty of 95p stamps left. And presumably no minisheet (which I like, because I buy the postcards and send them off with matching stamps and there’s often a minisheet postcard left over).

1 Like

There is a miniature sheet…

3 Likes

From elsewhere, we’ll find out about the 1st Feb issue on 25th Jan., and the 20th Feb. issue on the 15th of Feb. if not leaked beforehand.

3 Likes