Stamps drawn by children

Kazakhstan issued in 1998 and 2007

6 Likes

655aa909cbfa4d0831f1c8b554d735314340d67a

2 Likes

We also have these stamps from the Greeting series: Courtesy (1996) and Kindness (2007).

2 Likes

Just to make it clear - This year’s Europa stamp from Spain was not drawn by a child, it was drawn by an autistic 23 year-old boy named Jaime Martínez Alonso :wink:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I remember these of the 70s:

75 years of italian football game federation, 1973

17° stamp day, 1975

4 Likes

Oh, thank you for letting me know!
I apologise if comparing it to a child drawing was offensive, it wasn’t my intention.
I couldn’t find anything in the Correos website about the artist or the drawing itself. I genuinely thought they could have hosted a contest with kids from different schools sending their drawings and that might be the reason why the name wasn’t featured. :woman_shrugging:Admitedly, I’d find it quite an odd thing to do for a stamp that goes in its own contest, the one the Europa series has, but I double checked on their website before posting and Jaime Martínez Alonso wasn’t mentioned. I don’t know why they wouldn’t include it in the stamp description but, again, thank you.

I just looked through my stamp collection of my own country and found these stamps (with some I’m unsure if they’re abstract art, or if they were drawn by children):

3 Likes

Back in 2017, The UK’s Royal Mail launched a competition for children in schools to design a set of 1st & 2nd Class Christmas Stamps to go alongside existing Madonna & Child stamps.
If I remember the winning designs where chosen by Prince Charles.

In early 2021, a competition for school children to design Covid themed postage stamps was launched, these stamps are due to be released in the spring of 2022 the finalists designs from all over the UK can be viewed here:

Edit* apparently RM launch a Christmas Stamp competition every now and then, and an issue in 2013 was also produced, again alongside Madonna & Child.

6 Likes

Wow! Thank you for sharing!
There are some pretty awesome designs there! :smiley:

1 Like

sooo cute! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

These lovely drawings of children ages 8-13

4 Likes

Here are some from Serbia

8 Likes

There are some Slovak stamps drawn by children:
The Christmas Mail 2020

T2 50g = 0, 65 €
Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava 2019

The Biennial of Illustrations Bratislava 2017

Christmas post 2016

Christmas post 2014

Christmas post 2013

Children´s Stamp 2011

Christmas stamp 2009: Winter Motif

2 Likes

This is a new stamp from Germany. There was a painting contest with the theme “Protect the planet”. The winner was a seven-year-old boy.

6 Likes

I like it a lot! :heart_eyes:

This year’s issues from Sri Lanka Post.

2 Likes

Oh, this prompt unlocked a core memory. I was the same age as the contestant group and remember feeling bummed that I didn’t get a chance to submit an entry. The tree-planting drawing is still so moving to me – just the conviction and desire and effort captured in the shoulders.

3 Likes

In the recent postal issue on the 275 years of mail in :chile: Chile (corresponding to 6 stamps launched on November 3), a national contest was held to choose the designs that would appear, and there were 3 stamps designed by people under 18 years:

4 Likes