Special World Postcard Day cancellation mark

Can we write this in English?

If it’s better to write in Portuguese:
Could you please tell us what to write? :wink:

3 Likes

IRCs are kind of expensive in China, so I plan to directly buy some stamps from CTT official website.
So until when the postmark be available, or it won’t be available just after Oct 1st?

1 Like

Yes! As long as it says “World Postcard Day” somewhere, it’ll be fine! The people there speak English and they don’t often do this service on non-philatelic items… so when written postcards start arriving, I’m sure they’ll know what to do. :smiley:

The postmark will be available until October 31, so your envelope with the postcards will need to arrive to Portugal before then. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thanks for the awesome information.

1 Like

What is the postage rate for a Postcard from Portugal to India? Asking for sending Stamped self addressed Postcards

You can look it up here: Prices of stamps for postcards in all countries/territories (wiki)

Should be €0.91

2 Likes

Thank you @Axolotl_ and @meiadeleite

1 Like

Does anyone know how to get IRCs in the UK given that Royal Mail stopped selling them back in 2011?

UK hasn’t been sell and accept IRCs for very long time… So it might be really expensive if you would like to get some.
My advice is directly get the stamp from CTT official webstore.

1 Like

I did this last year and it worked a charme (nice stamp with clear cancellation). Note of advice though for everybody sending IRC’s & postcards to them: At a later stage, probably even after the cards were already received by their recipients, you’ll also receive an invoice from CTT. It is for informational purposes only, they are NOT asking for another payment. So don’t be confused :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Hi, I’m very sorry to bother you BUT I CAN’T FIND ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET WITH WHETHER CANADA HAS AN IRC OR NOT… I’ve been fighting a rare neurological disease that causes extreme pain and has left me bedridden living in hospitals or assisted living facilities for 7 years. I’m completely isolated (too much pain to even use my motorized wheelchair), alone, and due to the constant pain there’s very few activities I can do except reading and mail! I collect special postmarks and anniversary cards, and this is both… this would be VERY SPECIAL TO ME,
Please, please, message me for my address if anyone can send me a card with the special cancellation? I’d be so grateful.
Thank you so much if you decide to do this for me. Either way, please enjoy your meet, have fun, and have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

Today I received this invoice (?) from Filatelia Portugal. As I don’t know any Portuguese I’d like to know if it’s a real invoice so that I have to pay something, or if it’s a receipt for letting me know that they used my IRCs for sending my cards?
Maybe @meiadeleite could help, please? (I will not be the only one to receive that kind of invoice, I guess…)

This is normal, and you don’t have to pay anything else! :slight_smile:

I think the Post is required to give you some proof of payment, so they’re invoicing the stamps they used on the cards, which you already paid for with the IRCs.

2 Likes

Did your cards arrive already? I sent an envelope with 4 IRC and 4 postcards (including one for myself as I’m curiouse to see the stamp) to Portugal on 29.09.2021. But so far nothing has arrived … is that normal? I’m not worried about the card to CN that was in that envelope, that takes longer from anywhere, but that I haven’t received back my own card nearly 4 weeks later … :thinking: What are your experiences?

I don’t remember when I sent mine to Portugal, but I received an invoice on 8th of October. My cards arrived in Germany last week, the card to @scrutiny got to Hong Kong this week.

Did you receive the invoice yet?

1 Like

No invoice so far :thinking: But then I wasn’t aware that they might need my address. I’m not sure I put it on the note that accompanied my envelope…

I just put my address onto the envelope, in case it would be returned to me. They even sent me my envelope back with the invoice - isn’t that great?

1 Like

I just remember that I didn’t receive any invoice last year however I receive from time to time some stamp issue advertisments

Today I got the invoice and this two new stamps. But where are my cards?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

My cards arrived a few days, maybe even two weeks after the invoice. Be patient!