Spanish #EqualityStamps

I saw the campaing yesterday at Twitter and I’m still wondering how this went out to the streets.
If they need to give so much explanations in a video, it is the idea has been poorly executed. To give a value to a skin tone doesn’t seems to give any message to me. I will go for the highest value stamp in order to keep the back of my card neat. I’m not a fan of play “Tetris” with several stamps to get the right value, less now we have 4 different postal rates. That would mean I’m a racist, because I’m buying the “white” stamp. Me, the brown skinned latina…

Also, for all of us using Correos, we know those stamps probably won’t make it to the small post offices in towns, because unless you visit a big post office like Cibeles in Madrid or order them online, in the rest of the post offices have a very limited offer of stamps, the King’s face stamps, for example…
So, the message won’t be delivered.

I understand we need shocking campaings to makes us look straight to the problem, however on this occasion, it seems to me personally an absurdity. Are we defined by 4 skin tones?. Really?.

4 Likes

Just been reading that Correos have now withdrawn these stamps from sale!

2 Likes

Indeed, looks like it!

2 Likes

putting all the controversy aside, correos might have just created a very valuable collectors’ item by withdrawing the stamps from sale…
also, how did nobody in the process of issuing the stamps think something might go terribly wrong with them…

3 Likes