[SOLVED] Unknown Sender from Republic of China (Taiwan)

So…I received this card today. The only information I have is that it is from the Republic of China (Taiwan) and only because of the stamps. I initiated the Find an ID on the official website, but wanted to post it here to see if maybe it was from a swap. The date on the postage cancellation is rubbed off on the second half so I only have “11.” as a partial date. I assume that is the 11th day of an unknown month.

Anybody?

Bueller? Bueller?

1 Like

Wow… empty :neutral_face:

Yeah…first time for everything!

Have a look here: Offer: Art Theme postcard

That’s a really beautiful card with what seem to be carefully-chosen stamps–could this have been a case of (my personal nightmare) thinking that you have finished writing a card when you haven’t, and accidentally mailing it blank? :cold_sweat:

9 Likes

I once was addressing and stamping cards and then writing them out
I heard my mail lady and grabbed the cards and grabbed 2 that I didn’t write yet by mistake
Luckily one went to a person I swap with all the time and found it funny

I did at one point I got stamped blank cards
Two were swaps so I assumed they posted it in a rush. But both people told me that I did not tell them what to write so they sent it blank🤔
I guess it is better than in an envelope

This seems like accidental sending for me. The sender might not have intentionally sent it blank, probably just got stuck to another card that he/she was sending?

2 Likes

Shit happens :slight_smile:

I once noticed at the very last moment, right in front of the mailbox, that I was about to drop in a postcard that was almost but not quite ready for travelling: I wrote a long text, made sure I wrote the ID twice, put some nice stamps with the right postage, but… no address :smiley:

2 Likes

Two hints: I think the card was sent from Neihu District 內湖區, Taipei City. You can search the postcrossers in that region - fortunately, there are only 37 postcrossers because the district is a bit far from downtown Taipei.

BTW, the six boxes on the upper-left corner indicate the card was originated in P. R. China. The Taiwanese cards I have received usually do not have boxes at that position. It may be bought from Aliexpress since “miss time” is a very common brand on Aliexpress. There are not so many Taiwanese postcrossers using cards sold on Aliexpress since the delivery cost can be really high.

3 Likes

Solved!

@anon62785190 I just wanted to say you sounded like your were on criminal minds and the most epic postal detective. Ha! You win best post of the day for sure!

5 Likes