Size of the new Barcode stamps

I had to send definitives back for the swap scheme for my workplace - the new barcoded stamps were returned in about 10 days

There was a stall at Stampex from an auction house with boxes of stamp booklets. They get them as part of house clearances.
Makes you wonder what value of stamps have been paid for with no service having ever to be provided.
Change in stamps sounds like a crafty accounting manoeuvre to me - drawing a line on their balance sheet where they can write off the liability

3 Likes

I am treasuring a partial book of old red non-barcoded first class stamps I found the other day. One went on a letter to a pen friend, the others will no doubt be sending Christmas cards on their way.

1 Like

They’ve actually ended up on thank you cards to friends I’ve spent weekends with over the past few weeks. Small cards, small envelopes, small stamps needed.

3 Likes

I must admit I do like Royal Mail is staying with the same color as the picture for the barcode.
German Post goes always with a black code no matter how the stamp looks like and that’s even more distatracting and annoying :frowning: Can Royal Mail please just give them a call?

2 Likes

Perhaps they could help Royal mail with their IT issues in return…

3 Likes

I kind of like the colours of the Barcoded stamps but yes they’re huge, I use different ways to achieve the £1-85 rate, up to recently two 1st class commems and overpay 5p but in recent weeks I must use up the old Machin 1st class so for those who express an interest in stamps I use a 1st Machin plus a 2nd class commem plus a barcoded 20p and 2p = £1-85 or if I feel like plastering the card the recipient gets 2 X 2nd Commems ( from old collections ) plus 2 X 20p plus 1 X 10p Barcoded, total £1-86 and write the message in small script, hopefully they dont get pen cancelled !! I really liked the Tutankhamum issue which remarkably had a pair of second class, so have used a lot of those with barcoded to make up the difference,

1 Like

I’ve recently placed my first order from Philatelink. I’m expecting to still have lots of the stamps past the non barcode cut off. Is EVERY non machin considered a commemorative? And therefore will they not get swapped?

You can swap any ‘definitive’ stamps in the scheme, as these will be invalidated after the 31st of July cut off date. Any commemorative stamps will continue to be valid after that date. Some stamps aren’t “Machins” but can be swapped, here’s a fairly thorough list of them…

The ones that can be swapped:

4 Likes