Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

@hankadl l Sorry, but I don’t remember where I bought the window, the stamp is mounted on wood and the signature says “shake it” That’s all I know… :woman_shrugging:
And it needed a long time and a lot if calm down teas before I was able to print big stamps that they look complete and nice. Sometimes I do it the other way: I lay the rubber stamp in the table and put the paper onto it and then press gently with my hands everywhere while oushung and gliding over the paper… But even now I need to calm down sometimes with some if my big stamps…

5 Likes

After admiring @meiadeleite’s handmade stamp art cards I have announced that I would also like to try this & @meiadeleite encouraged me to share my results in this topic, so here are my first attempts:

Instead of using a rubber stamp, I cut out little people that I found in the news paper - I just forgot to finish the details on one of the stamp’s/picture’s frames… :sweat_smile:

My second attempt actually depicts vandalism - the small figure seems to be responsible for the smearing on the “painting”. He even added a “Happy Postcrossing” (I’m an art historian and art vandalism would be a real horror scenario in real life of course) :see_no_evil:

I also like to create simple mashups of stamps, something I’ve seen in the Postcrossing Gallery before too:

I’m looking forward to creating more stamp art cards in the future - it’s such fun!

43 Likes

Just made this one in watercolor

45 Likes

These are really very good. I also like making postcards with stamps. :hugs: :star_struck: :hugs: :+1:

2 Likes

Painted this watercolour as a thank you to a forum member.

44 Likes

Your stamp scenes turned out super cool! And what a neat idea to use newspaper people… Now I have to go and see if I can find a newspaper somewhere! :smiley:

5 Likes

Here is my first handmade postcard!

I drew Japanese lunchbox and it was so fun :grin:

17 Likes

I loved decorating this envelope, it’s been a while though. I’m so happy kept a picture of it for myself
(and to share it with you guys :blush:)

32 Likes

Wow, this envelope took very long to get through within Germany. 2 weeks…
But it finally arrived and I can show it to you now. It was made for a friend who loves watching seals and needs a reminder not to get too close while doing so. On our holiday I found a guidance card that helps you find the correct distance, so I sent it to her. It had to go into an envelope, but just the envelope was too boring.

The other one is for a mail art swap, where everyone had to choose 8 items out of a list of 15 that had to be on the envelope.

20 Likes

This is my first and only handmade card I have sent. Maybe I will do more like this respectively sewing cards.

11 Likes

A quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, printed on a letterpress printing machine. For the two versions I used the image of a peacock and that of a lady’s portrait.

41 Likes

7 Likes

they are really well done ! congratulations

That’s exactly what I thought :rofl:

These are brilliant!

Get 7 cards out of a box

Can’t buy any thing this time but I have now something to make home made postcard.

8 Likes

Some homemade cards i’ve done recently. Didnt send any yet though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Our Kiddies had another try of pencil sharpenings!!?!

This one by the Boy:

This one by the Girl:

24 Likes

So beautiful the flowers and butterflies @Blueflyght

And as they got thrilled about, they
create another series for their other
Grandparents!!!
I’m sure they will be surprised!!!

17 Likes