Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

My rabbit card

169 Likes

Wow, that’s great! I once received a lovely Linoprint rabbit from you. This one is drawn, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Yes, this is drawn and printed in postcards…

4 Likes

One of my favorite handmade cards that I sent was US-5142713

I used a little vintage photo envelope I had and then sent it with a pseudo-polaroid inside that I painted of Gumby visiting Yosemite.

84 Likes

This is great @saintursula I love how weirdly specific and imaginative it is.

3 Likes

made this one because the receiver liked rainbows and dreamcatchers and I didnt have a card like that

47 Likes

Wow! Your card is so beautiful! Now I am inspired by you… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Really fantastic ideas! :star2: :star2: :star2:

1 Like

@Speicher3 your work is really wonderful and very inspiring!

1 Like

I made this one recently for a friend who I was talking about the writer Genet with. I printed the portrait (by Berenice Abbott btw) on a Instax printer (like a small polaroid) and used copied words from one of her books.

PS The postbot just told me off for making too many posts. Sorry about that. I will try to corral my enthusiasm into one post in future! :upside_down_face:

81 Likes

Wonderful @Savagepink. I’m recently reading a Jean Genet biography what is kind of a long term project as its content is quite heavyweight… How did you write this great Genet lettering?

I make cross-stiched cards sometimes.

The last one was this sheep

During spring lockdown I made some “stay home” postcards

84 Likes

Beautiful cross-stitched cards. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: Inspiring.

Sorry to post this here again too but… is there a subject to show handmade folded cards?

Well, the title says “…and Mail Art”. For me that includes folded cards. :grin:

Or maybe we should post more. :wink:

2 Likes

Show us your handmade folded cards! @Rayloo :smiley:

(That is a tag that we are still missing, isn’t it? :thinking:)

@Savagepink You haven’t even made most posts in this topic, that was @Speicher3. Don’t listen to postbot, sometimes, he has very unhelpful tips and rebukes. But it’s not his fault, he’s just a bot. :postcrossing: :robot:

6 Likes

@nekelin and @Feuerstuhl thanks for your answers.

44 Likes

That’s hilarious!

Great art everyone!

I love sending watercolour and cross-stitched cards from time to time, here there are some examples:

58 Likes

Wauw, those cards are beautiful! :heart_eyes:

You all do such wonderful creative postcards! If you ever get my address on the official website, please please please it would be a pleasure to receive your creations. :smile:

As for me, I only recently started to get back to it. So far I only made 3, 1 of which I send through postcrossing:

And these two, both made from a movie poster book (I usually tend towards the movie theme)

The white one was the first I made and it was a simple stickery thing on a postcard base card and I send it to a member here on the forum. And the black one so far is my favourite, but I still didn’t send it to anyone because it might be misinterpreted. :sweat_smile:

Now you made me want to create more postcards! Maybe that will be the plan for the weekend. :blush:

30 Likes