Gorgeous!!

1 Like

Een bloemengroet = A flower greeting :cherry_blossom:

24 Likes

Beautiful :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Another sketch portrait of the notorious RBG oh how I miss that judge

37 Likes

Inspired by this beautiful song and video by MGMT. Spencerian script done with my two favorite pencil colors - neon pink and neon yellow.

18 Likes

A cat who like to read Stephen King

49 Likes

Yesterday I made another card with stamps: Reading in the garden in summertime.

35 Likes

My first Olympic theme postcard

23 Likes

One of my cards arrived safely and the receiver enjoyed it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

23 Likes

This card has already reached its recipient, so now I can share some pictures, because I’m quite proud of how this one turned out.
It was inspired by official card TW-256138 from recipient’s favorites, words from an unsuccessful blackout poetry card that I managed to salvage because I liked them way too much and simple black and white illustrations from some old biology books. The only ‘downside’ with such cards is there’s no space for message on the back, so I dealt it by writing on a separate piece of paper :sweat_smile: And taking pictures was a whole other endeavor for sure.
It was a fun experiment, and something I’d probably like to make again.

49 Likes

I like this a lot! Very stylish and beautiful. :heart:
Can you also share how you made this card exactly; what kind of material you use (and where to purchase). What I’m also curious about, is how you managed to stick these snippets between them. Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Honestly, the process itself wasn’t too difficult, and materials are nothing that special. All you have to do is cut two identical frames from cardstock, find two pieces of clear plastic (I think it’s better if it’s fairly thick) - this was the part I struggled with l, and in the end I just used pieces from the phone case packaging; I believe you could purchase something of sorts that’s specifically meant for crafting, but using what you have also works perfectly fine :grin: It works better if plastic pieces are slightly smaller than frame pieces - it makes everything easier to glue together.
As for the centerpiece collage, first I came up with the composition, then glued everything together and painted the backside black so that it looks more finished. All that’s left after that is to place the collage between pieces of plastic. If you have some kind of clear glue to help keep it in place, it would help. And then you put the ‘window’ part between frames and use some strong adhesive to glue everything together. I think I used double-sided tape along the edges and some glue closer to the center. And that’s pretty much it, nothing too complicated :grin: I hope that helped!

12 Likes

Thank you for this explanation. I think it’s really beautiful and want to try it myself someday. It helps now I know how to do it! It is a good idea to use pieces from packaging, So I need to save these and not throw them away. :smiley: I like how you used old biology books for the illustrations. I have these kind of vintage books as well, and they’re indeed great for it. Thank you for the instructions! Once I’ve tried it, you will find the results in this topic. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m glad it was helpful! I hope you have fun crafting, and I’ll be excited to see the results here :grin:

1 Like

One of my Kolam art cards…
Well, Kolam is a beautiful and vibrant floor art tradition from South India, typically created with coloured powder and depicting geometric patterns or floral motifs. I tried doing it on one of the cards with my black fine liners…:smiling_face::smiling_face:

28 Likes

Beautiful!!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like