Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Hello,

These are my first handmade creations:

23 Likes

Wow- they’re amazing! :gift_heart: Would you send one to me too? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So many interesting ideas! I’m a little afraid to make postcards with my own hands, because not everyone likes them, but I like to draw small pictures on the back of the postcard

39 Likes

your drawings are amazing. if you make them a bit bigger on the front of a card i’m sure a lot of people would love that. well i would at least. i love that beatrix potter one :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Thank you, I am very pleased to hear that someone likes my creations)

3 Likes

I echo that, @AnastasiyaChaychook, they are beautiful.

Now here is something I received today - it made me smile over both cheeks for the whole afternoon and even now because the thoughtfulness of @hankadl (she made that piece of art) is so touching and amazing.

In this handmade tag I asked (among other subjects) for pieces of book pages in a non-Latin alphabet - and that‘s what I got - a wonderfully decorated Arabic poem…

… except that the „poem“ is taken from an instruction leeflet of an IKEA pot, as Hana wrote on the back :grin:
I am so in love with this card, what a brilliant idea and how beautifully accomplished. Thank you, thank you, thank you! :heart:

25 Likes

What a brilliant idea - this is so funny, I nearly spilled my drink! :joy: :rofl: :joy:

I did a little bit of decorating on this envelope for Valentines).

Not as good as everyone else’s but I’m pretty happy with it.

17 Likes

It’s lovely!

Thank you

Have anyone tried to pimp up these Pantone color cards? I tried yesterday few (should buy some suitable pens) I inspired after seeing KemoPaws in Postcard gallery in formal site…
These I doodled:

46 Likes

Envelope for LetterMo/InCoWriMo. Now I just have to write the letter to go inside!

52 Likes

I really love that everyone has their own ideas and style and it‘s ALL just great! I am so amazed and delighted to look at your crafting and drawing!

8 Likes

Hi, sometimes I do wooden postcards like this:

I use sliced wood used for coating, that is available with many essences in the form of a coil.
One layer is the base, the other is glued on after having been handcutted with a sharp cutter.

Until now I’ve never tried to send one without envelope, I’ll have to try :smile:

37 Likes

I think this will be my first collage - as soon as I figure out a way to actually glue it together. I’m excited but also a little afraid I’m going to mess it up.

Edit: it turned out fine! Now I wonder if it can survive the travel without an envelope…

P.S. The black frame isn’t part of it, it just helps with the right size.

31 Likes

I got a new idea for a collage yesterday at the grocery store. :see_no_evil:

30 Likes

@angelicca I suggest to take a photo (camera of your mobile phone) to “remember” how it all looked, then you can take the layers off and glue one after another. I do it like that when I sew applications.

3 Likes

My last one gone to Russia :slight_smile:

54 Likes

I did exactly that! It turned out fine, although the text part is now at a slightly different angle.

2 Likes

I created this postcard for a museum in Germany that requests that postcards be sent to them for an exhibition, which I found here, if anyone else is interested in sending a card.

25 Likes