Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Thank you! :relaxed:
I was inspired by your wonderful cards too)
And it made me more brave to send postcards made by me)
Thank you🌹

1 Like

Me and a friend went into ‘business’ back in the 1990s, producing a postcard for our little medieval town. I was the artist and he paid the printer - we got 200 printed so it’s a genuine ‘Limited Edition’.
Our town was a walled town (13th century) with five gates and only one, the North Gate, still survives. It is said that when the most handsome man in Ireland walks under it, it will fall. :scream_cat:

29 Likes

Beautiful watercolours. Well done.

1 Like

I want to show you some of m handmade Cards. I am pretty proud, I have to say.

42 Likes

37 Likes

Another one variation of handmade card)
With drawing and collage

30 Likes

Another card has reached its destination! :slight_smile:

:green_heart: :fox_face:

30 Likes

The Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland drawing and the meme cats (‘Natasha, wake up!’) (backgrounds are painted by my toddler)

38 Likes

Hello! What technique you used? Was it marker type of pen? I also like to draw and make handmade cards. Yours are very good!

1 Like

I’ve made quite a few of my own postcards but I’ve not sent any. I’ve yet to get someone that doesn’t explicitly say they only want real postcards. I don’t want to upset anyone.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @Fastwalker @nealeigh !

In this forum you can join Handmade RR or so many handmade Tags to exchange / send handmade cards to members who likes them! :blush:

1 Like

These two handpainted postcards went in the mail this week. I added dimensional stickers to make them pop.

37 Likes

It’s all mixed media: background is watercolour paints, with drawings I used acrylic markers, regular markers and pencils, and gel pens and fine markers for contours. And all just simple cheap supplies to be honest, markers I initially bought for my kid :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Luckily it isn’t going to you…:laughing:

10 Likes

Here is one of my handmade card (postcard) which is possible to send like open postard, or in envelope. I have dozen of similar handmade (technique is water-colours, (and/or) pen-drawing and various markers and pencils) If anyone wants to swap, let me know. Cheers :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Today I made a card with my new rubber stamp…

18 Likes

Please keep it friendly, you are in a topic about handmade cards. Tamara created this card with love and dedication, there’s no need to judge the content like that

19 Likes

To each their own; we have different tastes when it comes to postcards (and art). May I ask people to keep quiet if you don’t have anything nice to say about the postcards mentioned in this thread?!

20 Likes

7 Likes

Made yesterday

Translation🙂: Buy your veggies and flowers at the market.

29 Likes