Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

I’m interested in the cross stitch postcards and how they’re made. So you do the cross stich, and then … ? How does it turn into a postcard that’s able to be sent? Any instructions would be welcome, thanks x.

5 Likes

These handmade postcards arrived at their destination during the previous days:

30 Likes

Sometimes I draw or paint postcards. But only when the recipient specificly asks for handmade cards or doesn’t mind them. And I try to match the image with the recipient’s interests.

The feedback is diverse. Some people are unbelievably happy, others don’t seem to care.

5mpxq4g4shdh1xwm6m65b8fbs68blv17 asrv4ldxw2joaqhlny9gubll10p6wnac e34w3q8oopeq9elbkhtfje0v3cy9f3q4

149 Likes

I use two pieces of thick paper, like photo paper, and cut the ‘window’ in one of them, then I assemble the card with paper glue stick. I usually put an extra postcard / piece of cardboard in envelope to cover the cross-stitch side but I think it’s not necessary.

13 Likes

Oh I see. I would never have thought of that. Thank you.

1 Like

You are welcome! I found out that even 1 cm margin is sufficient to keep postcard together, but obviously it’s easier to have at least 2 cm margin around the ‘window’ to glue both canvas and back side of the card

3 Likes

Hello! Check out my handmade cards. I haven’t sent the drawn ones yet. Worth sending? :blossom::maple_leaf:

125 Likes

Absolutely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Awesome cards :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I’ve sewn this one recently and was happy with the result :sweat_smile:

76 Likes

Добрый вечер! Отличная идея! я как раз не знала как закрепить! А вы покупаете марки номиналом на 54 р(международные)/21р(Россия)? доходят открытки? пускают по граммам на почте? :hibiscus:

Good evening! Great idea! I just didn’t know how to fix it! Do you buy stamps with a face value of 54 rubles (international) / 21 rubles (Russia)? postcards arrive? are they allowed in grams at the post office?:hibiscus:

2 Likes

Amazing! :heart_eyes:

I just received this card today. :heart:
Thank you, Robisa, for making this wonderful art! :smile:

1 Like

Wonderful!

1 Like

Thank you to you! :slight_smile:

Yes, cross-stitch cards fit within 20 grams allowed by the basic postage rate in Russia, even with an extra card! Off-topic: please check the postage rate, it’s 50/55 for international letters and I 23 (I think) for domestic letters.
By the way, love your hand-drawn cards!

PS it’s an international part of the forum so I’ll post the answer just in English, hope you don’t mind

3 Likes

I’ve started to cross-stitch recently and this is perfect, totally used this idea! Thank you :cherry_blossom:

2 Likes

Super talented! Love these.

1 Like

These are lovely!

1 Like

These are GREAT! I love that they are not rectangular.

2 Likes