Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

This one is so beautiful! I love it :heart_eyes:

Okay the others are too - I really like them!

1 Like

All of them look really well done- there is an rr for handmade cards on the forum…

2 Likes

They look great! Those watercolour fish are lovely!!! Minimalistic and bright. Really nice :+1: :blush:

1 Like

what is an rr? Sorry quite new to this :wink:

Always welcome to join :slight_smile: And if you have any question, just write me a message.

3 Likes

An hommage to the eternal pile of unread books all booknerds know and nurse at home. :slight_smile:

42 Likes

I like your version of this famous staircase!

2 Likes

Livraria Lello in Porto! :heart:

1 Like

I’ve been there and it is really nice :heart_eyes: JK Rowling lived for a while in Porto so she got a lot of inspiration there. The Bookstore is one of those places and that’s why it’s really crowded nowadays.

1 Like

I took this photo on a rainy Saturday morning in March 2018 before they opened at 10 o’clock. I didn’t go inside because they charge you 5 € for entry. And there was always a line outside.

6 Likes

I remember visiting that bookshop!! It was amazing. We bought a Harry Potter coloring book from there :smile: And postcards of course.

2 Likes

I like decorating postcards and envelopes with scrap papers and the edges of postage stamps (that usually thrown away), but rarely take photos because I’m not very confident over them.

31 Likes

I think the lot of you should set up a postcard business online. It’s almost a crime not to have these fantastic creations available to everyone. :wink:

Seriously, you guys are absolutely amazing and I love seeing your posts here.

There, just wanted to express my humble admiration. :bowing_man:‍♂

10 Likes

I agree with @Jarulf — these are all just amazing! :heart_eyes: I’m thinking I should write a post for the Postcrossing blog featuring some of these, so that other postcrossers can be inspired as well. Let’s spread some beauty and creativity in the community!

18 Likes

Maybe that Blog Post would also help to “improve” the image of handmade cards. Some people might realize that handmade doesn’t always mean cheap & ugly! And that if you say no to handmade cards you might miss out on some real art :wink:

But to be fair: everyone saying no to handmade increases the chance for me to receive some beautiful cards, so it’s kind of okay with me :joy:

15 Likes

I’d love to see a blog post about these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

19 Likes

Another mixed media card. It says: come on, let’s dance!
Hopefully, soon!
:slight_smile:

27 Likes

Listening to a webinar I started to cut all the paper scraps into tiny hearts, and then found this funny bird image from an old book and combimed them :grin:

31 Likes