18 Likes

tried to use acrylic colors on cards …

weneedtolookandsee

They’re called:

• the eye - we have to look and see, otherwise strange things can happen
  • the blue marble
  • in the end, you can’t stop a beating heart
8 Likes

I make a lot of Mailart envelopes and recently opened an Instagram account for them which will be added to twice a week. It will also include postcards now that I’ve joined postcrossing. Here’s an example of my Mailart and if you wish to see more please use the following Instagram handle @this_wheelie_is_art

Thanks for reading - Question, would you be happy receiving an envelope or postcard decorated like this?

28 Likes

These are gorgeous! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I am a postcards’ self-made lover and now and then I send post crossers this kind of art, whenever it is solicited. I am glad to have found on this community that you are inviting people to showing one’s handmade postcards. But one question emerges: what have I to do and show this artistic trend? Please give me an idea to reach this goal. I am absolutely new on the forum with short activity and manipulating new technologies for me is quite difficult. I usually say I belong to another generation dealing with other kind of tools. Anyway, if you clarify me on this post, that should be great. But ,please, don’t do more than you can and if you can. Kind regards, Francisco Lima from Portugal.

4 Likes

It’s good to have you here @franciscojclima . :slight_smile: If you like, you can show photos of your handmade mail here in this topic. We are always happy about new impulses. To add a photo to a post, simply drag the file over to your reply before submitting it.
If you would like to exchange handmade mail or mail art with someone else, you will find several topics in the forum where this is possible. For example
Mail Art Round Robin
Handmade Round Robin
Mail Art envelope tag
and many more. There’s even a fantastic directory showing all the existing handmade topics: Directory Handmade Cards and Mail Art

Does this help you? Feel free to ask if something is still unclear. We are looking forward to seeing your work!

6 Likes

Welcome to the fourm!

To share your handmade postcards, just reply as you usually would and then click the button that shows in the blue circle on the image shown. Then you just choose your image from where you saved it on your computer. Hope this helps, let us know if not.

Looking forward to seeing your cards.

3 Likes

Hopefully someone in the nursing home with you can show you how to do it. In the meantime, are these the two you were mentioning? They’re lovely, if these are the ones you made.

12 Likes

My woven handmade cards reached their recipients in Handmade RR

It’s a quite meditative process and once I figured out the best technique and how is best to hide the knots, I just continued to making this one :slight_smile:

17 Likes

28 Likes

Recent creation. Fun as usual.

31 Likes

Tag @cannycjy
They look lovely, my favorite one is the top one with the kind of vintage look :ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Thank you. Gald that you like them. The owl one is going to USA.

1 Like

Oh what a pity, I hoped it was going across the ocean (my way) :wink::grinning: :smile:

2 Likes

Had a bit of creative time this weekend and two very different personnages appeared:

28 Likes

Hi all :slight_smile:

My last postcard painted with gouache (now is playing in lottery)

18 Likes

@AprilAries sent this amazing Mail Art card to me (via the Mail Art Tag):

24 Likes

Steckt da ein echter Teebeutel drin? Sieht schön aus! :slightly_smiling_face:

:green_heart::fox_face:

In English: Is there a real teabag insides? It looks beautiful.

Yes, there are two real teabags insided the coffee mug. Earl Grey and green tea. Haven’t tried any of these yet and think I might leave them untouched, as they are part of the art for me…

Though the green tea is with elderflower taste - I’m curious to see what it’s like!

1 Like

Sorry for accidentally using the wrong language! :face_with_peeking_eye:

:green_heart::fox_face:

1 Like