Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

Hello Melimar
She is very nice in black and white
You are an artist :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you make a photocopy of it? Then you could try out how you want to color it before doing it on the real thing.

2 Likes

Both is fine, but I strongly advise to make a good scan (with high dpi), maybe you want to get it professionally printed later :wink: (and then you might even try it both - b&w and coloured)

5 Likes

image image image image image image

36 Likes

Hey! Although I’m using Postcrossing for some years, I’m new here in the forum. I’m very happy that you show your art here. It looks so nice!
I can’t draw but I make my own covers nevertheless. I gave broken books and old maps and calenders a second chance to shine. Until now I just made it for my pen pals. But in the future I would like to swap covers/cards with other people who just have fun to make their own handmade covers/cards. Is there a thread to swap cards like this in the forum?

39 Likes
1 Like

To be honest, I am to proud of the idea to keep it to myself :blush: it is an interactive card. You receive the closed door, which is easily opened to reveille the room inside. It is two sheets of paper glued together, the top one is precut.
Hopefully the door stays shut during transportation…

23 Likes

Ooh! You are right! What a tough decision. Can you scan and print a paper copy to color and decide from there? So cute!

So cool! I’m looking forward to swapping with you! There are swap threads, mostly with themes. I’ll see if I can figure out how to post a link. I’m afraid I’m not very good at computer stuff😳

1 Like

Try this link and see if it will take you to the open Round Robin (RR) swap groups. Basically you send and receive from 3 other people based on the topic. You can message me or the administrator for the group if you need help. @taebbig was a great help in getting me started!

3 Likes

I love this :heart_eyes: maybe shut it with a piece of removable tape?
I love love love all kind of hatchways and doors! The room looks so comfortable.
(I have sent my friend a piece of an advent calendar painted over and with changed back with my messages, but it was so much glueing (but also so much fun). I think there was 6 of these little doors and one got torn away in the mail. (I didn’t use anything to close them.))

1 Like

MissHaid amazing.
I like all of them

For a friend :slight_smile: On way

Uploading: InkedIMG_20210104_0007_LI.jpg…

17 Likes

The one with the cow - GORGEOUS! :heart_eyes:

I used to draw my own postcards when I first started Postcrossing, but mostly stopped because it seems like the majority of profiles ask not to receive them.

Sometimes I still find a perfect magazine illustration/artwork that I just can’t resist making into a postcard though. :grinning: :heart_eyes::sparkles: like this one:

Here are some of my older hand-drawn postcards:

56 Likes

Oh, and this elaborate hand-drawn surreal architecture / cat utopia piece was bigger than a postcard but I snapped a photo and scaled it down to postcard size to send to people. :blush:

And this was one of those $0.99 paint-by-number projects that was meant for children, but I painted it myself as a grown-ass adult :joy: and then sent it as a postcard:

40 Likes

This makes me sad. :cry:

But your beautiful postcards make me happy. :heart_eyes:

Thanks for sharing! :heart:

5 Likes

If you like to participate in Forum-Games, there are several possibilities for exchanging handmade cards :slight_smile:

1 Like

I want to show you a beautiful card I received from @anon12838227:

18 Likes

W-O-W!

17 Likes