Show us your handmade postcards and Mail Art

You like making your own postcards or sending Mail Art? Here you can show your projects to other postal creatives.

Added by moderator in April 2024:

We are trying to keep the forum topics as easy to read as possible. If possible please avoid cluttering the topic. For example:

• Please use the :heart: under each post for showing your appreciation instead of writing a comment for each artwork you like.
  • If you need to comment posts, please combine your comments into one post instead of commenting on each artwork you like separately.
  • Please offer swaps in Postcards (you can use the tag/label handmade and/or mailart in addition to make it easier to find for everyone). Or you can ask people for swaps for their artwork shown via personal message.
  • Please thank others for swaps or RAS Mail Art via PM or in the swap topic where the swap was offered.

Thanks for helping to keep this topic a fun-to-visit place where lots of lovely MailArt can be shown!

74 Likes

I did this
Mail art envelope

a while ago. :grin:

23 Likes

Mail Disorder No.1

97 Likes

A different kind of mail art.
I’ve made these cards using corners of old postcards. I collect postage stamps and I often buy them as “cut-offs”, saving money by washing off the used stamps myself. I keep the nicest postcard corners and assemble them into these Frankenstein cards.
I call the first one Frolic and the second one Up and away

241 Likes

That’s fantastic @metlodyt! I like your postcards’ style! :+1:

3 Likes

Thank you @Speicher3! I really like your Mail Disorder card! The overlapping stamps really tie it together. Have you made more?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve made a lot of stuff, mostly with rubber stamps and paper snippets. Here’s another one:

Do you have more of your great Frankensteins?

147 Likes

I like to combine postcard images and book images…

311 Likes

Really interesting! The cutting would drive me crazy (especially the second card) :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

And another kind of Franken(stein)card. :wink:

53 Likes

I always decorate the back of my postcards. Sometimes, I barely have room left to write a message! :slight_smile:

273 Likes

That is a great card @Speicher3! I love your whole SENT wall. Great humor and a sense for the odd and graphical. Really inspired me to make/send cooler postcards.

@Savagepink your collages are so good! Most of my cards are images I cut out of old books. I usually don’t do much with them, but your style is super inspiring!

@nekelin I love these! Glad to know I’m not the only mad postcard scientist. Do you get the card pieces from stamp collecting too?

7 Likes

Beautiful backsides! I’m always extra happy with something like that.

2 Likes

Thank you! Actually it’s an idea that had been floating around in my head for quite some time. I like making collages and I wanted to use all the cards that people send me to make something. First I started with cutting of the stamps, and then I was left with this other piece of card that I didn’t want to throw away. That’s when I started puzzling them together. The first ones I made were for World Postcard Day, to celebrate all the beautiful cards I had received so far.

They look beautiful! :heart_eyes:

(And I have to ask the following. We are talking about opening a new tag, the Decorated Wildcard Tag. This is where we talk about it. Would you be interested?)

3 Likes

Thank you so much! :heart:

I just responded to support the tag. It sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aww, thank you so much :heart:
I love receiving decorated backs so I do the same for the people I send to :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@metlodyt @nekelin I love what you are doing with your “Frankenstein” cards. I always think about what to do with my boxes of received cards. Now I have some more ideas! :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

I did it with watercolor techniques with brush pens, sequins, heat embossing and masking pen.

141 Likes

I make postcard with crochet applique

205 Likes

I used to have a lot of chiped and not in good condition stamps and then I started to make collages on postcards. Now, I don’t have any stamps to use, anyone have some chiped stamps for me? :smiley:

If you are interested in one check here :slight_smile:

192 Likes